020; the date of a lifetime

Start from the beginning

"As if that isn't one of your biggest fears." He nodded, "you had a dream that you cheated on someone and you cried about it for a week straight because of how guilty you felt."

"I broke their trust."

"It was a dream!" He turned to her with his eyebrows raised and eyes widened, "you amaze me sometimes."

Rosemary sighed as she replied with a shrug, scratching the back of her neck and turned herself to stare at the photos on display in her apartment, the ones that had been questioned only a little while ago by her date.

"That formal event has been pushed back a week," Corbyn said as he walked into her room, "so it's not next Friday it's the week after, is that still okay?"

"Mhm," she quickly replied with herself turned away from the boy as he looked over to her confused, watching one of her hands be bought up to her face as she wiped something away.

"Are you okay?" Corbyn asked her.

"I'm an idiot." Rosemary replied as Corbyn raised a brow before looking back down at the tea he was making her.

"He would've done it to any girl he was seeing," he told her, "it wasn't anything to do with you."

"He called me insane," she said while locking her apartment door, looking over at Corbyn who had turned himself to her again.

"Why?"

"He asked about my calendar and I told him that I timeblock everything because it keeps me in routine and organised," she explained, leaning against her counter as Corbyn nodded, "and he said under his breath that it was a little insane."

"Don't cry over someone like that," he furrowed his eyebrows in disgust, "he's not worth your time. Did he say anything else?"

"Something about it doesn't take a genius to put together silly little flowers... and that he didn't think being a florist requires much skill." Rosemary shrugged and folded her arms, "and he's a doctor in a children's ward, right? James said he just works for the money and he does not care about those kids."

"...And you still slept with him?" Corbyn asked as she looked up at him with a blank expression, "a guy, who goes against all of your morals, you slept with that?"

"Yes." She nodded once, "i've learnt my lesson now."

"No sex until date number five." Corbyn said and handed her the tea he had just prepared for her.

"Is that a reference from that friends with benefits movie?" Rosemary smiled as she took the tea, thanking him while they walked to her bedroom.

"The one with Mila Kunis in it? Yeah."

"It's a good rule." The girl told him, "maybe I should do that. Five date rule."

"Jas does not know you as well as she thinks clearly," Corbyn sighed, "hooking up with guys on a first date, who even are you, Rosemary?"

"And she said you needed to be security.. good luck explaining that to her." Rosemary smiled back at him as his face dropped.

"I'm going to have to lie and say I was locked out," he shrugged and watched her get into her bed while laughing slightly, "have you.. did you clean up?"