15.

Clac.

Clac.

Clac.

Thomas frowned, his ears picking up on the annoying hitting sound that rang around him. It was a loud and low noise. Something knocking against something else constantly.

Clac.

Clac.

Clac.

Thomas sighed and tried opening his eyes but found that it was too much effort for now to do so. But, while he thought he was alone, a grunt sounding from right next to him surprised him.

Clac.

Clac.

Clac.

Who was that? The brunette thought. His eyes still impossible to get to open. The grunt echoed again in-between two knocks and Thomas slowly felt around him. His wrist. His left wrist. Something was wrong with his left wrist.

Clac.

Clac.

Clac.

It felt so heavy. As if something was keeping it down. Like he had a weight bringing him down. He straigned his fingers around and he touched it. It was odd. Soft. Warm. Like skin. Maybe a hand? He wasn't sure.

Clac.

Clac.

Clac.

His finger tips kept proding at the possible hand. He didn't know why though. Was he trying to see if the person belonging to the hand was awake? If not, could he wake them up? Could they perhaps tell him what was that god awful knocking sound that was getting on his nerves?

Clac.

Clac.

Clac.

Another grunt sounded coming from the person. It was a man. Maybe a boy. His age? He couldn't quite tell. But his voice. His voice was deep. Like him. He was pretty sure they were around the same age.

Clac. Clac.

Clac. Clac.

Clac. Clac.

The knocking increased. Thomas was annoyed. His finger tips poked the hand a little more pointedly. His poking having a purpose.

Clac. Clac. Clac.

Clac. Clac. Clac.

Clac. Clac. Clac.

His eyes didn't open. His wrist still felt heavy. The boy was still sleeping next to him. And the damn knocking increased again. He stretched his fingers again. He caught a finger. He tugged. A sharp and painful tug. And a gasp was heard. He woke up.

Clac.

The knocking stopped abruptly. Thomas sighed in relief. His eyes didn't open. The person moved. The finger he was still holding moved. It hooked itself onto Thomas' fingers. In this gesture, the brunette felt the fear. So he hooked his finger in return.

Shhhhh.

A loud and high pitched sound of pressured air being released was heard. It was like a whistle. A never ending whistle hissing. Thomas brought his hands to his ears. His left hand was up. But he felt tugging on his wrist preventing him from blocking the sound.