18.Character development

The sound of people chatting, trains arriving and kids swing at the huge trains filled Artemis ears as she waited for the Hogwarts students and a few Order members to arrive.

Just now did Artemis notice the similarities between Muggles and Wizards/Witches. The same tendencies to judge too quickly, the unending curiosity and need to know stuff, the overprotective mothers, and the men who love to read the newspaper while drinking their coffee.

So where did that feeling of superiority come from? Because Wizards had more options?

"ROOF!"

Startled Artemis looked down to see a pitch-black dog with gray eyes looking up at her. Upon her noticing him he tilteld his head sideways as if asking: what's up?

She was confused as to what that dog wanted from her, when she heard Harry's voice whisper-shoutung her fathers name. Right, he was an Animagus. A wizard who could turn into an animal, most likely the same animal as his Patronus.

"Artemis? Oh hey." Harry greeted. This was it. This was his chance.

"Artemis, I wanted to talk to you-"

"Not now Harry-"

"No wait listen!" The fifteen-years old pleaded as he grabbed her arm, careful not to hurt her, while she turned around to leave. She didn't want to listen, since he was probably was going to ask for forgivness, bust she didn't want to listen. Because she would forgive him.

After all he can't be held accountable for the decision's of someone else. Because after all he was just as alone as her. Why did she think then that she deserves a father-figure more then him?

At the same time, she didn't want to seem weak. She was taught to never do any mistakes, but this, this one was the biggest one she had done.

Frankly, as much as the younger one saw her as a sister she saw him as a brother. 

Everyone she loved though, everyone she tried to protect to start a new life with ended up getting hurt, dead, or lost in this quite big, confusing world.

"I..."

"I'm sorry, Artemis." it was like someone was choking her. Why? Why was her life like this? Why couldn't she just...relax?

Prying off his arm, Artemis just stood there. He was sorry. He told himself that he was at fault and that was her fault. At this point the earth could just swallow her whole. Hey, maybe a life under the earth wasn't that bad. After ten years maybe she would start getting delusional and make friends with rats, and eat worms. 

What? it was better then having to socially interact with people. And then there was this whole ordeal with her dark tragic past, and her mental pain. 

Even though she didn't respond, his Godsister, was there something like that?, gave him a smile. A genuine one, and that was something, he thought, she should do more often.

Harry didn't know where they stood now, but he knew that they were making progress.

"Come on Harry. You're gonna get late." Artemis gave him an awkward hug, before letting go.

Sirius watched the interaction with mixed emotions. 

Back when he was Harry's age he would joke about how adults only were overexaggerating when they said that being a parent was a difficult duty, one that needed the upmost attention.

Now he thought that there wasn't a word that could describe this job. Why would anyone voluntarily applicate for this job? Then he stopped this train of thoughts though. Wasn't that the exact same thought that brought him into that mess? No he had to be better.

Artemis was his daughter and she suffered a lot because of him. He had always feared the idea of becoming like his parents but now, he thought that he was worse.

Sirius needed to be there for her. He needed to love her. And now that the kid's were gone, and for the next few weeks there were no missions he had every time in the world to bond with his spaw.

But that kitchen war wouldn't happen again. 

Author's speaking!

I'm so sorry that this chapter is so 

short!!! The next one will be longer

promise UwU