11.Cheering up

Fred and George both tapped their fingers against their chins in synch both trying to come up with an idea to cheer up the youngest Black. But both were clueless since they didn't know her all too well. Ron, Harry, and Hermione were down in the kitchen doing school stuff. Of course Ron and Harry would be talking about Quidditch all afternoon, but Hermione said: How are you planning on excelling in school, if you don't work hard enough?

And really no one wants to argue with Hermione.

That's when both twin's head shot up so fast that the slight crack in their neck was the only sound filling the room. They were sitting there after all the whole afternoon.

George and Fred both had the same idea: If they didn't know Artemis all too well, then them, getting to know her is exactly what she needs.

"We're geniuses!" Both exclaimed at the same time looking at each other with excited expressions as if someone just told them: You'll get every Zonko's product for Christmas.

Artemis was still laying in her bed, both physically and mentally exhausted. She made a total joke out of herself. She let everyone see her vulnerable side for this old brat. With her right arm she patted Pluto's fur, and he purred in content. Her bed cover's were all messed up at the feet of her bed, but she couldn't care less. The pain in her torso reminded her too much of the pain she felt after waking up in a cell. After waking up from the surgery she was in. Where her uterus was removed from her body. She remembered the cold floor and how she could see her own breath. She could remember the awful smell she had to inhale.

She remembered Yelena's. They were forced to fight each other. Two friends trying to kill each other. Artemis tried to protect her, she really did, but in the end she ended up killing her-

Artemis looked down at her hand to see them covered in blood. She let out a horrified scream, but as quickly as she saw the blood as quickly it was gone. Unfortunately two certain red heads heard her.

Fred and George burst through her door; wands out prepared to at least try fight the thing that Artemis was so afraid of to find it to be-

"A spider?" George asked perplexed. Artemis had to come up with an explanation, if someone cam barging in, and spiders were the most common thing in the world to be afraid of.

"Sorry." Artemis winced; an apologetic look on her face. But the Weasley's just broke out into a wide mischievous grin.

"Why are you sorry?"

"This is great leverage."

"Merlin's beard..." Artemis breathed out. Those two were going to be her death someday. Yet they somehow managed to find their way into her heart. She welcomed their funny behavior with open arms. Whenever they were around telling jokes and pulling pranks the pulled her way from her dark past and thoughts. They could never understand how much she appreciated it.

"Anyways", George started. Oh lord, here we go, thought Artemis.

"What is your favourite colour?" Both plopped down on her bed on each side of her bed. She had a déjà vu, for a few hours ago they did the same. A smile tugged at her lips, but once the question fully registered in her brain she looked like a fish.

A few moments passed before she was able to give a proper answer.

"Uhm-...b-blue, I think...." Fred looked at George and George looked at Fred and as per usual they had the same thought: No one ever asked her this question.

Instead of being set off they were more intrigued and keener on getting to know this mysterious Ravenclaw.

"Did you note that, George?" Artemis didn't notice at all the notebook in George's hand, until he noted down that her favourite colour was blue. What the bloody hell were these two getting at?

But that thought quickly faded away and she felt as though she was sitting in the Ravenclaw common room with Luna sprawled against her lap asking her questions and making her laugh once in a while.

And without any of them knowing they spent three hours questioning the older, former Hogwarts student. And the result looked as follows: A genuine happy smile on Artemis face, soft smiles on the twin's face, and a confused and angered Pluto who didn't get to finish his nap.

"We'll always be there for you, Artie." Both said in unison and both meant it. Both had the feeling that if she just opened up they would be the greatest pranksters ever. And friends, of course.

"Don't call me Artie." Artie pleaded, her lips in a thin line and her eyebrows furrowed.

"As you wish, Artie!"

Author speaks!

I am really proud of 

myself. :)