Chapter 2.

A/N: The picture displayed is a photo of the Russian ballerina; Polina Semionova, who plays the ballerina Maddi, feel free to search her up! Her dancing is so breath taking! Also I apologise for any errors in my chapters, I do my best to edit them and get rid of them. Thanks x

Maddi.

"Again, thank you so much for the lunch Lusia, but really you didn't need to pay for it all." I thank Lusia as we walk down a corridor leading to studio 03 with our one and a half hour scheduled rehearsal. It was with the new head master and a few other company members, starting on a new ballet for the season.

"Nonsense," she shakes her head, winking at me cheekily. "It was a pleasure to have lunch with you and learn a bit about you. It's so cool that you came from New Zealand."

I laugh lightly. "Thanks, you too. New York is an amazing place." I smile.

Lusia pushes the door to the studio open, gesturing me to enter before her. I hesitate before quickly sliding through past her. We were in a different studio to the one we had been in early this morning and it was a lot bigger. Mirrors against the front wall of the studio, making it seem all the more bigger.

I recognised a few of the company members from earlier on. One, I hadn't seen, caught my eye. Although he was facing away from me, his hair was a dirty blond, pulled back with a bandanna and the thin grey singlet he wore exposed his toned arm muscles that had my insides squirming.

"Maddi?" I hear my name called and I turn to see Lusia already on the other side of the room. I hadn't realised I'd stopped walking. My cheeks turn a rosy pink, how embarrassing.

"Quit your gawking with all the hot guys. Plus, that one," she nods her head in the direction of the guy I had just been 'gawking' over, "He's never dated anyone and probably never will. So," she sighs, her lips curving into a gentle smile, "don't get your hopes up."

I gape at her, "I was not gawking! I was simply," I hesitate to find the right word.

"Checking him out? And not to mention for just a bit too long." She grinned at me as I sat down beside her, rummaging through my bag to find my flat shoes.

"Alright, whatever you say." I roll my eyes.

"Good afternoon everyone," Sir Styles enters the studio, the door slamming after him. "I hope you all had a highly nutritious lunch-" He scans the room until his eyes meet mine, "that will for sure give you plenty of energy and strength for this class."

A few moments go by, his eyes still locked with mine. I continue to stare in his green, pine tree like eyes, boring into them.

"Maddi....?" Lusia sings beside me, elongating the 'a'. My head whips round, eyes raised in question. "Quit having your staring competition with Sir. Everyone's watching." She hisses at me, quiet enough for no one to have heard. As she spoke I had looked around me and the split second I made eye contact with any of them, the immediately broke eye contact.

"Alright everyone, let's begin." He exhales deeply. "The ballet we will be working on, a piece choreographed by myself, is 'Melody of Love'. The obvious title gives away an idea of what it is about." He makes eye contact with each of us quickly before continuing. "There are only so many main roles I can give out to some of you, so if your looking to be featured, I'd recommend working your arses off to get one."

A few tense moments pass. "Dan, play the first piece I have for today, just the beginning." The pianist plays a dancing, playful piece of music.

He watches us as we listen. I keep my head down so I don't have to make yet another embarrassing staring competition with Sir. I wonder what the dance will be like, what sort of costumes and-and who the main roles will go to..... The music seems to have stopped and I look up.