Chapter. 1

Maddi.

A month ago, I received a letter confirming that I was accepted into The Royal Manhattan Ballet Company. Now, here I am, standing outside the Ballet Company's building, very aware of the fluttering butterflies within my stomach. To join a company as young as I am, it would be an underestimate to say I was nervous. What future for me is there behind these walls? Guess... I was just going to have to find out.

My name is Maddison Zakharova, but I'm more commonly known by my friends and family as Maddi. I'm 19 years-old and I left school when I was 16 to train full time in a ballet school. I trained there for 3 years. It was hard at first, to leave my school friends and family back home in New Zealand, but it was rare for me to even feel in the slightest homesick. Wherever I go, be it close to home or not, if I'm doing ballet, I'm fine.

"Pretty big huh?" A blond woman, her hair in a tight bun and in a dark blue track suit stands beside me. She too is starring up at the building.

I look at her. "Yeah, it's huge." I nod and look back up at the building.

She turns smiling beautifully, her eyes covered by a pair of sunglasses. "My name's Lusia Germoth." Her arm extends, hand waiting to be shook.

"Maddison Zakharova, but, you can call me Maddi." I return the smile and I shake her hand.

Lusia hesitates, "You with the Royal Manhattan Ballet Company, I haven't seen you around?" A single eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"Yeah, I've just joined actually... " I nod.

She takes her sunglasses off, her eyes a honey brown. "Oh, how exciting for you! How old are, you look young?"

I laugh lightly. "I'm 19 years-old."

Lusia's eye widen. "Wow... You must be pretty damn good to get accepted so young. Here, especially!"

I looking, hiding my blush.

"Here," Lusia motions her head towards the doors leading into the building, "I'll show you around the place, if your not busy."

-

Luisa shows me around the place and man, it was so huge. Plus all of the corridors and staircases, it felt like a maze.

Luisa checks her phone. "It's twenty-five past eight and our first class begins at quarter to ten.

I'll show you where the studio is before we head down to the changing rooms, yeah?"

"Okay, cool. I was about to ask you where they were." We exchange smiles and Lusia shows the way.

-9:43am-

She looks at me for a moment, her head tilted to one side. "You didn't know? Yeah we have a new head master. "

We, along with other company members, were in the studio warming up for class. Lusia and I were rolling out our muscles, as we talked.

"What's thought of him, do you know?" I ask as I start to tie my pointe shoe ribbons around my ankle.

"No... no, I don't. He's quite young for a head master, I heard. Mid twenties? I doubt he will last-" Lusia is interrupted when we hear a door slam shut.

A young man stood there, scanning the room. His dark hair was tied up into a high, knotted bun. He wore a plain grey t-shirt, with a black velvet jacket over top and a pair of black skinny jeans, with black docs.

Everyone in the company stares for a moment before going back to whatever it was they were doing. I look back at Lusia, she's frowning to herself not looking at anything in particular.

"Lusia...?"

She turns her head to me quickly, her eyebrows raised, "Yeah? What is it?"

"Oh.... never mind. You just kinda zoned out there for a second." I smile teasingly. She rolls her eyes, returning the smile. "Yeah, I do that a bit."

A few minutes later the quiet murmurs in the room are interrupted but a deep voice. "Hello everyone, my name is Harry Styles. I know that here are a few new ones that have joined the company, today being their first day, as it is mine. We will start class in exactly six minutes, in which I hope the pianist will arrive in." He pans the room once more, before continuing. "You will all address me as Sir or Sir Styles. Thank you."

-

"Lusia." I loudly whisper to her, she was standing a few feet in front of me at one of the barres in the back of the room.

"What? What is it Maddi?" She loudly whispers back, our 'whispers' hidden by the pianist playing.

"Have any plans for lunch? Are you busy?"

"Your seriously already thinking about lunch? For Christs sake woman. But no, no plans for lunch... You wanna do something together?"

"Yeah, I was hoping you new a good plac-" I almost choked in fright when I felt a large, cold hand clasp my shoulder.
"Your shoulder is up Miss Zakharova," his voice definitely not the kindest. "Now is not the time to be arranging girly dates with Miss Germoth here. Do not make me come back over hear again."

I nod. It was only when he left my side and was across the other room that I realised I was holding my breath. I deeply exhale. The tension in my muscles leaving.

Throughout the rest of the class the head master and I made a awkward eye contact every so often. Our eyes flicking away from one another the second they made contact. I couldn't help but feel relieved when the class was finally over. God, I could barely concentrate.

"Jesus, he just wouldn't stop would he." Lusia whispers to me as we walk out of the studio, giving me a nudge in my side with her elbow.

I rolled my eyes at her. "It was fucking annoying, I tell yah."

"What a creep!" She giggles to herself. "But you know, it may be a good thing. You might have this in your favour when it comes to casting." Lusia burst out laughing.

I however did not find it quite as amusing. "Whatever! I doubt that's the case, Lusia."

"Sure. I'll let you believe that." Lusia links her arm with mine. "You want to go get lunch?"

"Oh my god, yes! I'm starving." I whine.

"Cool! I know a really cute place a couple of blocks away."

Okay, so this is the first chapter of my piece! Omg I'm so nervous but really excited to be writing it. I'm trying to make it not another typically fan-fiction. Your all probably rolling your eyes at that. But, fuck it. Hahahaha also pleaseeeeee vote and comment you thoughts and feelings towards the few characters so far. And if your kinda enough to click a few buttons and follow, I WOULD BE SO THANKFUL!!! Cheerio Fan-Fiction lovers. Xxxx

(Sorry I have edited this and changed it slightly. Well, kinda a lot. Fuck idk! Hope you guys are algood.)