chapter 28 ~ 'shards'

Willow's POV

(Play 'Sign of the Times' by Harry Styles)

This bitch ain't going no where. She needs to be fucking killed, right here, right now. At her own wedding.

I don't care if that's evil. She's been ruining my life ever since I've met her and she's been conspiring this whole thing with my father, the devil himself.

I set off to catch up to her but Riddle calls me. "Willow! She's not worth it, your father is the enemy here. We need to prioritise killing him!" He shouts as he continues to battle with Elijah.

Fuck. He's right.

I head back to Mattheo and help him with this battle, when I have an idea. "Mattheo. Remember what he did to you? In America?"

"I'll never fucking forget."

"Well, how about we give him a taste of his own medicine?" I say, raising a brow.

He nods and we instantly conjure up large shards of glass, which we then send flying directly at him.

Suddenly, they stop, mid air, a centimetre away from my father. Something's not right.

My heart drops when I feel instant regret. My father raises his hands and looks up at us evilly, his eyes darkening and the malicious grin on his face growing bigger. "You underestimated my capabilities daughter."

With that, he counter attacks by sending the shards flying straight back at us. In the heat of the moment, our reaction time isn't quick enough.

It's all going wrong.

Me and Mattheo look at each other, his hand reaching out for mine. But in that moment, each of the shards pierce both of us; a sudden immense rush of pain making us fall straight to the ground.

Everything, goes black.

***

Author's POV

The lovers lay unconscious on the battle field, at a wedding that was never wanted by anyone, apart from their most malicious of enemies.

Elijah and his daughter Valerie. This is what they wanted in the end. Mattheo and Willow dead.

In Willow's last moments, her life flashes before her eyes, memories of her and her little brother Liam, their playground voices catching on the wind.

Astoria, Pansy, Draco, Blaise, Enzo, Theo... her beloved best friends. The times the had together until everything changed... when he came into her life.

Willow's POV

I can't stop staring at him. He's- oh my god he's so hot. He sits opposite me in our potions class, and my eyes won't move off him.

Everything he does, he does with elegance and he looks god damn handsome whilst doing it.

He holds his wand and spins it with his fingers, doing all sorts of tricks. His veiny hands, his rings... oh my god.

Suddenly, he looks up at me, his eyes meeting mine. At that moment, I become flustered and tuck my hair behind my ear, going back to the work I definitely was not doing.

But I can't help it. I take another glance and his eyes are locked on me.

Oh merlin.

Leaning back on his chair, he tilts his head, raising a brow at me. Holy fuck.

My cheeks burn red and I raise my hand in the air.

"Yes?" The professor says.

"Please may I use the bathroom?" I need some air.

The professor tuts. "Be quick."

With that I stand from my seat and I notice him with a smile on his face, looking back at me as I exit the room, before going back to playing with his wand.

Merlin, you really do have me wrapped around your finger, don't you Mattheo Riddle?

Mattheo's POV

I know she's looking. I can feel her gaze from a mile away. I don't why, I always can. Hmm, let me do something that'll make her go crazy.

I spin my wand with my fingers, before I look up to meet her beautiful eyes, staring right back at me.

Fuck, she's perfect.

I lean back in my chair and tilt my head to the side, you know, just to tease her a bit. She's been caught.

In an instant, her face turns bright red and she becomes flustered, fumbling around with her notes.

I love the effect that I have on her, but oh my god I resent the effect she has on me.

She's my weakness.

Whenever I see her all I want is to have her in my arms. I desire her; every imperfection, every single part of her,

I need her.

I watch as she nervously looks down at her work, looking absolutely adorable.

As aggressive and as kinky she can be sometimes, she can also be cute.

Suddenly, she takes another glance up at me, her eyes meeting mine once more. I lock my gaze onto her, not breaking eye contact until she raises her hand.

She asks for the bathroom and walks out of the classroom, leaving me content with a smile on my face.

Man, she's gotten into my head. She's all I ever think about.

I'd do anything to have her in my arms. ANYTHING.

Author's POV

With that, the two lovers sit up rapidly with a gasp. Their breathing heavy, chests rising and falling. Shaking in fear, they turn their heads, looking at one another.

A tear falls from their cheeks, their blood still pouring out of their bodies.