chapter 11 ~ 'unpredictable'

"You're a what!?" He exclaims, as shocked as ever. To be honest, I'm not really surprised at his response. I love how I'm just unveiling all my secrets to this stranger I know nothing about. However, I have to. Like, right now. Or else I'll die.

"Yep, I siphon magic out of people. Or, suck the magic out of people, whatever makes more sense."

"I swear siphoners are extremely rare." He points out.

"They are. I'm the only one alive that I know of."

"No way. So you have powers, like wandless magic?" He asks, starting to look a bit more serious.

"Yeah. But I can't use them at the moment. I'm starting to grow weaker each day because I haven't siphoned in a while. I gave most of my siphoned magic to my father."

"So you can give powers too?" He asks.

"Yep, which has never been done before. For some reason, I can give as well as take powers. Oh and by the way, you better not tell anyone, because if you do I'll kill you." He looks at me with a smirk, and I look at him strangely. "I just told you I'd kill you and you're smirking."

"Sorry. Anyways, what do you need me to do?"

"I'm asking for your permission first, but I need to siphon some magic out of you. Or else I'm going to die." I say with a gulp. "I'll only siphon a little, it won't affect you in anyway. Usually my father forces me to siphon all the magic out of someone, which essentially kills them but I promise I'm obviously not going to do that." I tell him and he looks at me with anger in his face.

"Your father forces you to kill people?" He asks lowly.

"Yeah, every month and if he finds out I've told you, he'll kill you. So please keep this to yourself."

"I'll do it." He says.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, you're going to die if I don't." He says and I stand up and hold him by the shoulders.

"This won't hurt a bit." I tell him and he keeps his eyes locked onto mine. I take my time to siphon some magic out of him and as I do, I feel the magic and power transferring into me, instantly making me feel better. When I let go of him, he lets out a breath and I look at him with a smile. "Thank you so much."

"No problem." He says and suddenly I feel the magic I siphoned giving me a boost of energy.

"Wow, you must be really powerful or something but your magic is making me feel better than okay. Who are you?" I ask him, genuinely intrigued.

"Marcus Smith." He shrugs with a smirk before heading out of my bedroom. Oh my, that guy made me feel some type of way. I don't know how to explain it but he reminds me of someone, I just don't know who. I catch up to Marcus and I have an idea.

"Do you seriously want to go back in there?" I ask him, looking at the ballroom.

"No. I hate it in there." He says and my face lights up.

"Come with me, I want to show you something." I say happily, holding his hand and taking him out of the mansion and into our huge gardens.

"You can't get any richer than this." He says, looking around in amazement. I take him into one of the alleyways of our garden, which is practically a maze but I manage to find the spot perfectly fine. I open the creaky gate and find my swings sitting in the middle with flowers surrounding it. The moonlight shines down on it and I gasp excitedly. "Swings?" Marcus scoffs.

"Yep. There's one for you too so get on." I say dragging him with me as he sits on the swing beside me. I push off with my feet and start swinging forwards and backwards. Marcus doesn't move so with a wave of my hand, I use my magic to swing it for for him.