Kirishima's House | Chpt 41

Start from the beginning

"That's really cool, your parents get to work with each other," I said. It was really cool, clearly Bakugo and Kirishima had a very tight friendship. It was sweet and worked out well for their parents.

"Well we know quite a bit about Katsuki, what about you?" Ishi asked. I had been trying to formulate a good set of answers to a question like this.

"Uhm...well I started at UA around 2 months ago. My quirk produces creepy crawlies, like bugs and snakes," I said.

"Ahh I meant what do you like to do?" Ishi reiterated. "What interests you?"

I paused, taken slightly aback by the fact she wanted to know what I liked. It was still something I was trying to figure out, but usually people just wanted to know what my deal was. This was...much nicer.

"Oh--uh well I like to read," I said, nodding, "I try to do new things because I'm sort of a stranger to a lot of stuff. I like the outdoors. Kirishima--"

I pointed to Kirishima, not really knowing what to call him. That was his last name so they all went by that sometimes. I just pointed towards him.

"Kirishima has a lot of fun things to do, like new restaurants to try. Arcades are fun," I said.

"Very open to anything huh?" Ishi said and I nodded in agreement. "Well there's lots of things to do around here as well! I'm sure you'll like staying here for a little while."

We finished up and Kirishima immediately cleaned up the plates, taking them to the sink. It was clear that Kirishima was very well-versed in politeness because of his parents. They taught him well and he really did enjoy helping people. Their home was very warm, not just in temperature, but in atmosphere. I felt less out of place or nauseous being somewhere new after dinner.

"Thank you, dinner was very delicious," I said and Okaasan smiled at me.

"You're welcome."

I got up, approaching Kirishima at the sink. He was rinsing the dishes before he would load them into the washer.

"Did you need help?"

"Ahh no you're a guest, you don't have to."

"I know," I stated. He stared at me before moving over to let me rinse the plates before putting it into the dishwasher. My mother was clean and therefore I was too. I would frequently wash dishes at the bar before I could serve. That or clean the counters, sweep, that kind of thing. I really didn't mind it.

"I like you already!" Ishi said, coming up behind me. She placed a hand on my shoulder, strong but not rough.

"Way to make me look bad," Bakugo scoffed.

"Oh hush, we know you," Ishi called back and Bakugo smirked, still seated at the table. "I've got work early tomorrow and when I get home, we can do something."

Ishi kissed Kirishima's temple before disappearing to bed. Okaasan placed what little leftovers were remaining in their fridge.

"Goodnight, tomorrow evening we'll head into town to do something," she added, kissing Kirishima's cheek. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

I looked to see that she was talking to me. She smiled and followed her wife to bed. Kirishima shut the washer, turning it on once it was full. He let out a sigh before glancing between us.

"You guys want to do something? Or just head to bed? We could watch a movie?"

"Fine with me," Bakugo stated, standing up and crossing his arms.

"Come on," Kirishima called, grasping my arm and leading me back to his room. We entered again. "Okay, so we should put on pajamas and then we can settle in for a movie."