"how have you been" nick asked. and matt elbowed him and gave him the 'wtf' face, and in return nick eyes just grew towards matt and softened as he looked back at me.

"i don't really know, like i feel like there nothing there. i miss them, a lot. but i know that they aren't ever coming back so i can't keep wishing that they'll magically walk through the door." i said talking to the boys was easy, didn't feel like i was gonna croak over and start crying. "but seeing you guys, it really does help. i don't know how to explain it. it just feels like..." i couldn't think of the word.

"home?" matt asked

"YES, home" i said "seeing you guys again is like nothing has happened, like everything is fine."

"damn" nick said "that shit it deep"

"nick shut up, don't fucking interrupt her" chris said beside me.

"oh no, i'm done. i just feel i don't know, sorta happy again." it's true being with them just for these couple of minutes feels like i've been with them for hours. i could stay like this forever.

"wanna go chill in the pool?" nick asked.

"umm i don't know nick, i'm feeling really comfortable right here."

"oh come on ivy, you'll have fun" matt added "plus shawn is here" he smirked. and i know for sure i blushed.

"aww shawnyyyy is here" chris giggled

"stop it guys" i said embarrassed.

"we will if you come out of the corner" nick said proudly.

"fine." i finally gave up. they weren't gonna stop asking and i knew i wouldn't win this debate.

the four of us make our way over to the pool and without a second to spare everyone was saying

"there you guys are"

"i thought we lost you"

"awe did you guys take a group shit?"

"who's girlfriend?"

the boys just laughed it all off and hopped in the water to be with their friends. i wasn't really feeling like being bombarded so i just sat on the edge on the pool and dipped my feet in. i kicked the water gently back and forth as i watched everyone playing marco polo. i was absolutely hysterical when matt was it. poor boy struggled to get close to anyone. as i watched matt try to tag someone i saw a figure coming close to me.

it was shawn.

"hey ivory" he smiled. he lifted himself out of the pool and sat next to me. my heart was beating so fast and hard.

"hi shawn" i choked out.

"you know i've been wondering how you've been?"

"i've been okay" i shrugged "how bout you?"

"well seeing i have two parents, better than you"

"what the fuck shawn" i didn't know how to process this. it was so unlike him to say that kind of shit.

"hey i was just joking kid" he tried playing it off

"well it wasn't a very good one"

at this time chris noticed that shawn and i were talking to eachother and started drawing air hearts. chris grabbed nick and matt and pointed over towards us and whispered in their ear.

i heard someone yelling that it was time for cake and ice cream. i immediately got up and got me a slice. i sat down in a dry spot and the boys and shawn joined me a couple minutes later.

"so you and ivy?" chris asked shawn

"hell no!" he yelled "i'd rather shit out bricks for a week straight."

"damn" i said under my breathe while matt and nick said it out loud.

"look just because she has two dead parents doesn't mean she gets to date anyone she wants" shawn continued

"shut up shawn" i said angrily, who wouldn't?

"calm down ivy, he was just joking" chris defended him.

"THATS what you call a joke?"

i got up without saying anything else. but chris tried to grab for me but missed and his hand got tangled in my swim suit tie. i didn't realize this until my top came undone and i flashed everyone. my face turned red as i dove for a towel to wrap myself in.

"you did this on purpose chris!" i yelled in frustration. i was beyond embarrassed. i was beyond mad. i ran into the bathroom and didn't come back out. thankfully some lady let me use her phone and i was able to call my aunt to pick me up. and for once luck was on my side and she just pulled into the parking lot.

i ran out of the bathroom to get my stuff. i heard the boys yelling for me to stop. but i didn't. i got my stuff and turned back around to leave.

"IVY STOP"

"IVY"

i just kept walking. they were beside me now begging me not to go. but i ignored them. i got in my aunts car and slammed the door.

"please drive"

i look out the window and i see three boys standing not knowing what to do, this would be the last time i saw them until now.

**********************************************

but i hope you guys enjoyed :)

leave any comment (be as rude as you want let me know what y'all think)

working on next chapter now!!