chapter 9 ♣ A nightmares grip

"MOM!!!!!" I screamed.

Suddenly, I can hear my name from a far distance and the voice was getting closer and closer though that voice looked quite familiar, I couldn't place out who was calling me.... My body started becoming uneasy, uncomfortable, as if I'm being forcefully and slowly pulled back from this world and time into a void. Everything started getting blurry and the image of my mother lying down there, dead started getting blurry as if someone was pulling me away from all these and suddenly, i find myself on the bed with sweat and tears all over my face and Wayne towering over me with a concerned look on his face

."Kate, you were having a nightmare, its okay, I've got you" Wayne said soothingly, gently rocking me, still looking concerned, afraid that I would pass out any minute 'cause I was terribly shaking. Wayne then opened his arms and I immediately went into them and burst into a new fit of tears.

I began yelling, screaming, shaking, whimpering as hot tears cascaded down my cheeks.

"Shh" Wayne murmured soothingly still rubbing my back

"I've got you Kate, It was just a nightmare, stop crying, Please stop crying. Its alright now Kate"

But I just couldn't stop and started crying all over again and even more urgently. Mama! They're many things I didn't get to tell her

"She's gone Wayne. Oh! She's gone!!!"

"Shhh... Who's gone?" He asked gently as he still continued to rock me

"My mom. Mom's gone!!!" I scream hiccupping and bursting into fresh tears again. Wayne tensed up then released slowly.

"Shh....shh.... Don't cry Kate. It's just a dream"

"But it felt so real Wayne! It felt as if I was actually there!..... Oh my Gosh! She's gone!! Wayne she's gone and never coming back!!!"

*★**★***★****★*****★

Minutes later, I was able to calm down and I was slowly sipping the coffee that Wayne made for me.

My eyes were blood shot and my hair was in a frizzy mess but frankly, I didn't care. That dream rattled me up to my bones. It felt so real. So alive.

I've had nightmares before but none of them has shook me this much.

"You know, if you're not feeling up for the wedding tonight, we can always cancel and shift it to another day"

"No Wayne ,its fine. Let's do the wedding, it was just a dream, I'm stronger than this besides..... You've spent so much putting this wedding together. I don't want your efforts to be wasted"

"So you're sure you're up for this?"

"Yeah, I am... Its okay Wayne, I'm fine, just a little stressed out, stop doting on me as if I'm fragile or going to die any minute."

Wayne simply ignored what I said with that worried look still on his face and went over to say something else. "maybe you should get some more sleep before the wedding starts, after all there's still time"

I shuddered at the thought of going back to sleep. Chances are, I'd just pick off from where I left in the dream.

"No Wayne... I don't think I can go back to sleep"

"Okay, do you at least need something to eat?"

"No, I'm not feeling hungry right now, *sigh* I've lost my appetite"

Wayne seemed to be thinking for a moment, carefully studying me.

"Go wear some comfy clothes and come with me"

"To where?"

"Somewhere"

"Where Wayne?" I ask again slightly getting annoyed and not feeling like getting up from this bed or even go out anytime soon. I just wanted to sulk and recollect my thoughts.

" I want to show you something... Please?" Wayne answered gently, more gently than still waters and I was surprised that Wayne could possess that kind of gentle, calm and calculated voice. Usually, I've heard Wayne in his angry voice, amused voice, fascinated voice, teasing voice but I've never heard him in this gentle voice but hey! He's Wayne and Wayne is full of surprises.

I sigh and get up slowly and tiredly from the bed and go over to the closet. I strip off my bed clothes and wear a black tank top with white shorts ending just at my upper thigh and a very big zip-up sweater that has a hood and 2 pockets. I wore some laced boots then tied my hair up in a messy bun and came out.

Wayne's eyes swept over me from my head to toe then he slowly smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

I just gave him an i-would-be-fine kind of smile and shrugged my shoulders.

He slowly walked over to me and gave me a comfortable hug resting His head at the crook of my neck. He then places a soft kiss on my neck and shoulder blade then started nuzzling my neck with his one day beard!

I immediately started laughing.

"Haha! Hahahaha!! Wayne Haha! Wayne stop Haha! You're tickling me Haha! Haha! Haha!"

"I won't stop unless you promise you won't cry again" Wayne said with a devilish grin on his face though there was still some hint of seriousness in his voice and never once did he stop nuzzling my neck!

'Haha! Wayne! Haha! I promise I won't cry again!"

"I don't believe you" he simply said smirking against my neck then held me tighter in a firmer grip so that I wouldn't run away and started tickling me even harder!

"Haha! Haha! Haha! Way... Haha! Haha! Wayne Haha! I swear! I promise Haha! I won't cry again Haha! Please stop Haha!"

He then stopped and looked into my eyes smiling and I gladly smiled back at him with laughter twinkling in my eyes... Wayne had successfully made me forget about my dream and all I can feel are tingles everywhere on my body.

Personally, I hate being tickled but I think after crying so much, our heroine deserved a good laugh. What did you think of that horrible dream? Do you think its scientifically possible for you to sense if someone you love is in trouble? Let me know what you think
Oh yes ...please don't forget to vote!