Te Quiero

Everyone fell into laughter after the chaotic scene.

Because of how much fun you were having, you hadn't noticed the pair of arms that were wrapped around your waist. Looking up, you saw Camilo staring at you with eyes that held a captivating sparkle in them.

"(Y/N), there's something I've been meaning to ask you..." He said, gently grabbing both of your hands and holding them in his.

Soon enough, the commotion had died down and everyone's attention was directed at you two. You turned your body, fully facing Camilo's. Looking into his eyes, you didn't want to look away, for they were far too mesmerizing.

He shared the same thought as you. Ever since your revival, everything about you was different. Your appearance, personality, he could name so many other things. But your eyes... your eyes were the one thing that stood out to him the most.

Taking a deep breath, Camilo gathered up his courage. "(Y/N), mi amor. You are... mi vida. I love you so much, and I'd like you to be my girlfriend. What do you say?"

You stood there, lost for words. Tears welled up in your eyes and you wrapped your arms around Camilo, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Yes!" You laughed as tears of happiness ran down your face. He chuckled and returned the hug, burying his face in the crook of your neck.

The crowd cheered loudly, including the Madrigal family.

"Woo-hoo! You go, (Y/N)!" Mirabel shouted, pounding her fist into the air.

Camilo smirked, letting go of you. You also pulled away, smiling happily up at him, unaware of what would happen next. Suddenly, he grabbed your face, and pulling you in, smashed his lips onto yours.

You stood there for a second, flabbergasted, when you decided to return the kiss.

"Yeah, (Y/N)!" Mirabel yelled. "Get some!"

He slowly and passionately kissed your lips, something he always longed to do. You swear, you even felt him smile during the kiss. And just as the both of you had melted into the kiss, you eventually broke for air just moments later.

"Te amo mucho, cariña." Camilo smiled. Spotting a few stray tears you had shed from earlier, he wiped them away with his thumb.

"Te amo mucho más, mi hermoso." You said, placing your hand on top of his.

After the crowd had congratulated the two of you, you guys spent the rest of the day celebrating and having fun.

You even found out that they had added two extra rooms to the house, one for you and the other for Mirabel. And since the both of you had your own rooms, no one would occupy the nursery... for now.

It surprised you how you didn't notice during the reconstruction of the house. But you thanked whoever's idea it was to add the extra rooms.

This day had been one of the best ones you've had so far and it couldn't have gone any better.

~~~

It was late, and after a long, busy day, everyone had returned home to rest. You were outside, sitting against a tree. The same tree you sat at when you first arrived at the Madrigal house.

Your mind was filled with thoughts and memories. And much to your surprise, the one memory that didn't make an appearance was the one that had made you suffer all along.

Days and years of grief and sorrow, thanks to the one memory that tormented your mind. But it wasn't there anymore.

A small smile met your face. It said so much for something so small.

It showed your relief and thankfulness from the ending pain of the memory. The happiness you felt from having a family that cared for you. The joy you had from having such a loving boyfriend.

You sat there, sighing deeply as you reminisced about all that's happened. Hearing twigs and leaves crunch beneath someone's feet, you snapped out of your thoughts.

Turning around, you saw who it was, and your face softened. Well, speak of the devil.

"Hey, mi amor." You smiled, scooting over to make some room for Camilo to sit down.

He took a seat next to you, sitting there in silence for a moment.

"Mmm, no." He said.

You looked at him with a confused expression on your face. It wasn't until he grabbed you by the waist and picked you up, your confused expression turned into a flustered one.

He placed you down between his legs, your back facing his chest.

"Much better." He sighed, holding your hands in his and resting it in your lap.

"What're you doing out here by yourself?" Camilo asked, planting a kiss on your head. He then rested his head on top of yours, fiddling with your hands in his.

"Oh, you know, just thinking about you." You smiled, feeling his arms tighten around you.

"Aw, cute. I was just doing the same thing." He chuckled.

The feeling of his chest vibrating against your back when he talked felt relaxing. Smiling softly, you sunk deeper into his hold.

"I'm so lucky to have met you." You told him. "To even have you as my boyfriend."

"You're lucky? I'm lucky." Camilo laughed. "I meet this amazing, spectacular, one-of-a-kind girl, and now I get to have her all for myself. I'm pretty darn lucky, if I say so myself."

"We're both pretty lucky." You settled, hearing him hum in agreement.

"Yes, we are." He said, the conversation dying afterwards.

You both sat there in silence, basking in each other's warmth and affection. It wasn't until a few moments later when Camilo broke the silence.

"Hey, did you know you're the cutest girl I know?" He asked. You froze and tensed up, slowly turning around to face him.

"You know other girls?" You questioned, staring at him.

"Wait—what? No, that's not what I meant!" He scrambled on his words. In a desperate attempt to correct himself, his stutter would only worsen.

"Calm down." You laughed, placing a hand on his chest. "I know what you meant."

Leaning in and quickly placing your lips on his, you stole a kiss from him.

"Aha!" You exclaimed, trying to stand up to run away, but you were too slow and were pulled back down again.

"You thought you could get away with that?" Camilo asked, tickling your sides.

"Haha!—Wait! P-Please, I'm sorry—Ahaha!" You tried to apologize in between laughs, but to no avail.

He chuckled and stopped tickling you, soon crashing his lips into yours. You gladly kissed back, smiling in the kiss.

He kissed you as if everything he'd ever been silent about finally found its way to the surface. He kissed you, and you drowned.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you, too, Camilo."