Restoration

Traveling through the village, Mirabel, Abuela, and Bruno rode their way up to the Casita. Cecilia, Juancho, and Alejandra stood to the side and watched in wonder as they spotted the trio.

"It's her!" Juancho shouted as he pointed a finger. "I found her!"

Alejandra disagreed and butted in, grabbing onto his wrist harshly. "I found her!"

Cecilia, who grabbed the coffee cup from out of Juancho's hand, clinked the spoon into the cup repeatedly. "She's back!" Cecilia announced. "She's back, she's back!"

The town bells also tolled, alerting everyone who remained in town or was just returning.

As Mirabel and the others returned to the Casita, a look of sorrow painted her face. She looked around, observing the destruction that had been done. Getting off the horse, her eyes then widened when she heard a familiar voice.

"Mamá! Mirabel!" Her mother shouted in the distance.

Running over to where she heard the voice, she saw her mother rush over from the other side of the Casita.

"Mirabel!" She called out again before soon seeing her daughter on the opposite side of her. They ran over to one another, hugging each other tightly.

"Mamá." Mirabel sighed in relief.

"Oh, there you are. I thought I had almost lost you, too." Tía Julieta said, parting from the hug. "Where's your abuela?"

"Don't worry." Mirabel reassured her with a small smile. "She's coming."

"As long as you and your abuela are okay, that's all that matters." Tía Julieta exhaled, caressing her daughter's face.

Mirabel rested her head in her mother's hand, smiling at the warm feeling.

"You have no idea what your father went through when he was trying to find you two." She told her as she chuckled lightly.

Her father appeared from where her mother came from with many bee stings littered over his body.

"There were bees everywhere." He told Mirabel, panting slightly. She placed a comforting hand on her father's cheek, giving him a concerned smile.

Taking his hand, he placed it on her shoulder reassuringly. "I'll be okay."

"Uh... Not if we don't have a house." Camilo spoke, who was elbowed in the side by his father.

"What?" He asked. "We don't have a house. I can't say we don't have a house?" He looked around and held out his hand, gesturing to the ruins. "What is that? Not a house."

You, who stood next to Camilo, laughed lightly at his smart remarks and sighed.

Mirabel looked over from Camilo to her mother, giving her a smile. Then she glanced aside to the house and stepped away. You and the others watched as she stepped up the stairs under the entry arch, examining the house.

Watching Mirabel walk up there brought a feeling of dejectedness. A wave of shame and guilt washed over you as you began to recall the events that had happened earlier. This feeling had spread among the rest of the family as they also glumly hung their heads low. The returning feeling of sorrow ate each person from the inside.

They all finally registered the fact that Casita was in ruins. And they stood there, surrounded by the destruction. Their powers were gone, Casita was in shambles, and half the town was gone. No one knew what to do.

Hearing a grunting sound, you lifted your head and looked around to see who was making the noise. You walked towards the sound, and the others followed close behind. And as they followed you, they also inspected the destruction that surrounded them.