Chapter 1

Inventor POV

5/11/2044

"Ok, this time it should work," I said as I typed the last words to start her up.

I've always dreamed of making her. Now I am so close to finishing, I messed up so many times but this one has to work. She is just like how I imagined her, her pale skin and light brown hair. I just get excited just thinking about her. I can't wait for her to fully activate and move around. Then something stops my thinking and I look over to the wooden door. The door opened and behind it I saw my assistant June.

"Oh hey June!", I slightly shouted while typing the finishing touches to her.

She walked up to my laptop and looked over and asked, "Are you sure it's going to work. Remember the other failures. Why don't you just give up?" She replied with a slight hint of plead in it.

The words she said made me furious, I stopped typing turned around to her and lifted her chin to make her eyes meet mine.

I told her with a stern voice, "This girl that I have been working on is my love. She has been since the first time I dreamed about her as a child, you won't take her away from me. Until she is moving and alive I won't ever give up. Got that!".

After I told her that I looked back at her. She turned around with her head slightly down, and started walking to the door. When she touched the doorknob, she looked back at me smiling.

Saying quietly with a quivering voice, " Sorry. Guess I didn't know how you feel,".

I can tell that the smile June put up was fake, and that made me guilty. I just watched her open the door and close it behind her. I didn't say a word to her, but in my mind I was saying sorry over and over again. I just watched the door, until I looked away and let the guilt take over me. I know this girl is my love, but why do I push people away from me. I could feel the tears about to fall out, until I heard an alert. I looked up and saw my laptop flashing red and a warning sign over and over again. I looked behind me and saw her being choked by something invisible. Her body being so frail I worried about her. I didn't want to start another one when I was so close. I searched through my files and data to see what was wrong. I couldn't see anything and with every second that was passing, she was dying. I was desperate and I kept on looking. Nothing, nothing, I couldn't find it. She was going to die, after all my work she was going to die right in front of me. When I knew this was the truth I felt my legs about to give in, but I used both my arms and hands to hold me up. So she was going to be gone, after all the testing and trials I went through it was all going to be for nothing. I couldn't take it, I screamed and cursed, but nothing fixed it. I felt my heart slipping away inch be inch. I wanted to save her, but how? How can I save her? What do I do? Why is god being so cruel right now? I searched and searched, still I couldn't find anything. When I couldn't find a solution I was ready to give up and start over.

In the back of my mind I could hear a voice shouting,"Please don't leave me. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be in the dark, so please save me."

I looked around the empty room and saw no one except her. I looked at her and was in pain. I looked back at my laptop and there was no way to save her. I stared back at her, she just floated there about to die. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't do anything to save her. Nothing at all. In my mind I just had a sudden thought. It was a risk that she could die, but I'll take that chance. It would cause her not to have emotions, but I'm fine with that. I looked around my desk and room, and found a metal rod. I took it and went to where she was. I lift it as high as I could and hit it on the glass. It made a small crack then it spread throughout the whole case. It shattered, the sound of glass shattering priced my ears. The whole case fell, leaving her there. I walked over to her and picked her up, letting my arm get cut with the remaining glass. I took her out not letting her get scratched, put her on my lap. I put my ear next to her chest and I couldn't hear anything. I wasn't ready to give up after all this, I stayed there for a few minutes. It started to beat, it was beating and I could hear her breath. I was relieved, but I didn't finish her coding. Now none of that mattered. She's alive, I managed to save her, and I'm happy. I hugged her, I could feel my eyes well up with tears. I just let them slip past my eyes and fall onto my cheek. I heard her voice, it was soft and gentle.

She told me, "Why are you crying?"

Still choked I replied,"Because you're alive, you're alive."

She just stared at me. A sudden thought went in my mind, it was what's going to be her name. I knew that instant, in the dram I remember she told me her name.

I told her, "You're name is going to be Adis. My lovely Adis."

I just hugged her, not wanting to let her go.