Chapter 8 Boriel's Clearing

"That new MudWing is amazing! Did you see the way she was flying?!" A voice said happily.

"I know! It was super cool!" Another voice said. Cherry opened her eyes. The rocky walls of the caves greeted her. The two dragons that were talking were Yeti and Shard. Shard's tail was bandaged heavily, only the tip of it was exposed. Yeti had a bandage around his middle, and a couple of scratches on his leg. They stared at her in silence.

"You're awake," Yeti said timidly.

"Sorry for being weird yesterday," Shard said. "I was kind of dying."

"I know, why would I take you out of the water if I thought you were fine? Also, sorry for threatening to hit you with a banana sandwich, " Cherry said innocently. "And, THREE MOONS did I faint AGAIN?" I really do have a fainting problem.

"It's ok," Shard said kindly. At least everything is back to normal, Cherry thought. Then Amber walked into the room with two dragons. It is the rest of the dragonets. The Mudwing and Blackpearl! She thought happily.

Blackpearl had a Seawing body with Nightwing colored scales, with the exception of her glow in the dark scales which were purple. The Mudwing was bulky with the same tail decorations and wings that looked like the sea. Her underbelly was also blue.

Cherry introduced herself and the others. "That is Shard with the pink and black color and the dead tail, the white blue one is Yeti he is a little nosy, the scary one is Amber she has the evil tail and flames,"

Shard looked sad and winced when he moved his tail, Yeti and Amber looked at each other with a deadly glare. Boriel looked mysteriously at the guardians and walked to her cave.

Blackpearl looked at the guardians too and sighed.

"This place is weird, but it beats a prison cell I guess," she said, "anyways I think I'm going to head to the library, can one of you bring me there please?"

In those few moments she once again was alone.She sighed and leaned back.

Everything's happening so quickly. Suddenly there's a full cave of dragons, we are enemies of the Sea Kingdom...and Starflower's probably mad at us. I wish the other dragons here were nicer. Amber's kind of a jerk sometimes.

Cherry decided to try and befriend the oher dragons. She went over to see what the other dragons were doing. Amber was throwing spears at salamanders, Boriel was sleeping, Yeti was carving something out of wood. Shard was planting something, Blackpearl was reading, and the guardians were getting food. She decided to play with Shard. "Hi, can I hang out with you?"Cherry said.

"Okay," Shard said, "If you like planting," He said.

"Yeah, I like to plant, what are you planting?" Cherry asked.

"Banana trees, for my monkeys," Shard replied, "there are some pepper and papaya seeds there and I think I put some orange seeds somewhere."

"Oh fun! Let's get started," Cherry said happily. They spent most of the day planting, when Cherry noticed something.

"Hey look, isn't that Boriel? Let's go say hi, we haven't talked to her much," Cherry said cheerfully. Shard nodded. They walked through the tunnel to where the bulky figure was standing.

"Hi Boriel, how are you on this fine day?" the hybrid cried happily. Boriel looked down.

"Uhm, it is going fine I guess," she whispered. Cherry tilted her head sideways. She seems shy, or maybe worried, anxious, confused? Cherry thought. I suppose everyone else was like that when they were first kidnapped.