Chapter 28

Chapter 28- Aftermath

"What we did back there, it was crazy," You sighed,  ears twitching

"It's a miracle that we're alive," Izuku agreed, looking at his leg.

"Without your help, we would've have died," Todoroki told you, making you smile a little. Iida watched the three of you interacted, where he looked down at his lap, and clutched his fists.
'(Y/N)... I-'

"Ah, I see that you're all awake," You guys turn to see Gran Torino, Manuel, Ryukyu, and Cloudjumper.
"Gran Torino!" Izuku said in surprised.
"Manual," Iida gulped, and you looked down from the eyes of Ryukyu.

"Anyways, you boy have got me in trouble," Gran Torino said, pointing at Izuku.
"I-I'm s-sorry-" he gets cut off.m by the old hero.
"But, you have a visitor," The door opened and revealed-

'A dog?' You tilted your head.
"Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae," Gran Torino said.
"You must be the UA students that took down the Hero Killer, woof," He said looking at you four.
'Woof?' You thought while nodding.

"Well, regarding the Hero Killer we arrested, he had some major injuries. Puncture lung, severe burns, and broken bones, he is recovering under strict guards woof." He explained.

"And since you are UA students I'm sure you're aware that quirks are becoming very common, and the police attached high importance to leadership and standards to make sure that no quirks are used as weapons, and the profession of 'heroes' came out to fill that gap, woof." Kenji grumbled.

You looked over to Cloudjumper, and he shrugged ag the explanation.
"For one's use of power and force that can kill others easily, those actions that normally would be appropriate the denounce, to be accepted officially. And even against the Hero Killer, for uncertified people can cause injuries and for using their quirks without a license," The room became a little tense.

"So the three of you and your mentors will face strict punishments," The Chief then turned to you.
"And you, you're not ever listened to become a hero, so Ryukyu can't be held responsible, however, you will be in custody of the police until further notice," Cloudjumper gripped your shoulders, and looked at you with sadness.

"Viking will be writing paperwork for your release, but it'll take a few weeks, so you'll be in a juvenile detention center in the meantime," Your ears drooped in fear.
"Now wait a minute," Todoroki halted at the chief.

"That's not fair, if Iida didn't do anything, Native would've been killed. If Midoriya hadn't come, both would've been killed. If (Y/N) hadn't showed up, all of us would've died! No one realized that the Hero Killer had appeared, so are you saying that we follow the rules and watch people die?" Todoroki demanded.

"Then are you saying that as long as it goes your way, it's okay to bend the rules? woof" You furrowed your eyebrows at his words.
"But isn't that a hero's job to save people?" You asked, silently clenching your fists. He shook his head and closed his eyes.

"That's why you're not fully a hero yet. What are you being taught by UA and Endeavor? Woof" Todoroki scowled and took a step closer.
"You mutt!" You grabbed his arm with your tail to stop him, which worked, he only glared at the chief.

"Hold it now, hear him out at the end," Gran Torino said.
"That was the original punishment by the police, and the punishments would only happen if it made it to the public. Woof," He tapped his nose.

"If it went to public, you'd be praised, but it won't let you escape your punishment. But in the other hand, if it didn't go in public, the burns would lead to Endeavor taking the credit, and it would end there, woof" He explained to you four.

"Thankfully, there were witnesses, this would be for Endeavor and other heroes, but sadly you won't get credit. I personally won't want to be the one that find fault with promising kids because of one big mistake, woof" He finished.

"Either way, we'll need to take responsibility of being negligent in our supervision," Manual looked down in shame as Iida felt guilty.
"I'm truly sorry Manual," Manual just hit his head slightly and gave him a smile.
"It's okay, just don't do that risky move again!" He said.

"I'm sorry too Gran Torino!" Izuku bowed
"Eh whatever kid," The hero mumbled. You looked at Ryukyu.
"I feel the same way Ryuko," You looked down as she simply patted you head.

"I can't stay mad at you for this, just tell me where you go!" She laughed, and Cloudjumper hugged you right.
"Yer all grown up, Kid. I'm proud of you," He mumbled, wrapping his tail around your body.

"Sorry for you not taking credit for the takedown, but we thank you," The chief bowed.
"Could've just told us that at the beginning," Todoroki mumbled rubbing his face.

The heroes eventually left and you four sat there and sighed, but Cloudjumper stayed.
"Ye must have a lot of questions on why I left," He rubbed his neck, and you nodded.
"I'll explain it when I get Hiccup, ye stay here with these other kids," He then leaned in close.

"If these boys are going to make a move on ye, rip their members out," That made you laugh and nodded. He smiled and left the room.

"I'm actually impressed about how you handled the situation Midoriya, (Y/N)," Todoroki said.
"Especially you Iida, you could've been killed, and yet you still fought strong," Iida shook his head.

"No Todoroki, it was my fault that this all happened. I let revenge get the best of me for my brother," He said sadly. You frowned and moved next to him, putting your hand on his arm.

"The only thing important is that yer alive, we all are," You reassured them, making Iida and Izuku smile.
"It's weird," You three look at Todoroki when he spoke.

"Every time I get involved in something, someone gets hurt," You tilted your head in confusion.
"I think I might be cursed," He said looking at his hand.

There was a long period of silence, until Iida and Izuku bursted out laughing. You awkwardly gave Todoroki a pat on the back, not knowing how to comfort him.
"I-I didn't know you made jokes Todoroki!" Izuku said between laughs.

"I'm serious, I could be the hand crusher or something," He reasoned, causing
"Hand crusher?!" Iida continued to laugh. You shook your head at Todoroki.

''Don't overthink about it,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They okay?" Hiccup asked your uncle as he closed the door, where he smiled and crossed his arms.
"The kid is more tough than I thought, smart and strong like their parents," He chuckled, but faltered a little.

"...Why are they here? Toothless isn't the one who lets his kids run around all freely and carelessly, especially outside the Hidden World," He mumbled, where Hiccup shook his head.
"I don't think he did. I think (Y/N) ran away," That made Cloudjumper look at him in confusion.

"Why would they run away?" He asked the human.
"Who knows, but we'll know after this paperwork," Hiccuo then groaned.
"Astrid is going to kill me," He mumbled out, giving the dragons tired look.

"Ye better start running, the just got out of the airport," That made Hiccup smile and grabbed his phone to call her. Cloudjumper chuckled, and grabbed a piece of paper, where a photo held his family. You, Toothless, Light, himself, and the rest of the aunts and uncles.

'Don't worry, they're safe, (Y/N) is safe,'