Chapter 7

Chapter 7- Bad Thoughts And Good People

Turns out few days went into months.

During Izuku cleaning the beach, it's been months since you left home, and you yet haven't found a single sight of any other dragon. At first, you were glad that you haven't been found yet, but on the other hand...

'Do they care?' You thought sadly, getting a little homesick. Izuku had to go for a thing he needed go to be a hero. You were upset that he was going to be a hero, since you had the thought all heroes were bad, but he wanted the exam to prove that not all were bad.

Still, you wait for him to return, so all you have are your thoughts.
'Did I make such an embarrassment to my family that they didn't even bother on checking on me?' You thought and covered your head with shame.

'Maybe they figured out where I was, but didn't get me because I shamed them for imprinting on a human! Or maybe they didn't want a weak dragon that got so easily captured by a human for an alpha!'

'Stop it! You're doing it again!' You made yourself shut up. You always got like this whenever you felt like you did something wrong to disprove your worthy on becoming alpha.
'Maybe I am not worthy to be alpha, not even be worthy enough to be Da's child,' You whimpered, closing your eyes to let tears fall out.

'Stop it, the last time yer did this, yer didn't went out of yer room for weeks!' You slapped yourself and held your breath, now thinking about Izuku.
'He will come back soon, I just need to be patient and not let my mind go back into the dark place, hum the lullaby!' You took a deep breath, and sighed.

You began to hum, and calmed down. Eventually, you breathed normally again, thinking of all of the things you learned in the human world.
'It's better to be here with one person than being alone,' You thought, closing your eyes.

'No one else knows that I'm here. That's all that matters,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you? I haven't seen anything from you from the news, where are you hiding?"

"Please... I need to find you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your ears twitched from a noise, and you woke up from your nap, growling lowly while backing into the cave.
"It's just me!" You heard the voice of Izuku, making you stop and excitedly ran out to see him, but stopped.

He had bandages on his arm, and he gave a weak smile, but there was sadness in his eyes. You tilted your head and rubbed your head against him, making him weakly laugh.
"I'm okay, just exhausted for the whole day," He mumbled.

You turned into your human form and furrowed your eyebrows.
"Okay... how went the test?" You asked, and he paused, smile fading and he frowned a little bit.
"Well... not really..." You frowned at that, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"It will be okay. Yer did yer best," You reassured him.
"I don't know... after all of that training, motivation and dreams... I don't think I deserve to be All Might's successor..." He sniffed, shame washing over him.

You stared at him, and sighed.
"I had same thoughts," You mumbled, and he looked at you.
"What do you mean?" He asked you, and you sat down on a rock, ears droopy.

"My Da, is the alpha of my people, yes. But I'm next to be alpha. And with training and growth, I don't think, I am worthy of being alpha," You explained, and he gave you a look of sympathy.
'Guess I'm not alone,' He thought sadly.

"But..." You stood up, and gave him a smile of determination.
'I won't let this human be alone on this, we'll help each other with our self doubts,' You declared and spoke up.

"Let's try together, to be worthy for our spots," You stretched your own arm out, and waited for him to grab him. His eyes filled with tears, and he grabbed your hand, pulling you into a hug. You smiled and wrapped your arms and tail around him, comforting him as he cried.

'I don't deserve you! You are my only friend, and I want to help you!' Izuku thought, tears pouring out of his eyes.
'I promise you, I'll be the hero that will make you see that humans can be kind! I'll be the one who will teach you everything!' He declared.

'I'll be your hero!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week passed by, and you both waited for that letter, ally he while talking and teaching each other about your cultures. Right now, Izuku was at home, while you were bored.

'He's probably eating, still worried about his test. I don't get why he wants to be a hero. From my opinion, they are just humans with powers that could kill someone. They have impulsive actions that can cause damage to their own society,' You noted down, watching your tail wing flap.

'But he seems so passionate about it, I can't be the one who brings down that dream. I'm his friend and I need to support him no matter what,' You sighed and slowly got up.

'I should check on him,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thud

Thud

Thud

"I'll get it!" Inko said, so happy to hear that her son got accepted into UA.
'My boy, Izuku, becoming a hero! What could go wrong!' She thought happily, opening to door to be face to face with big eyes, and a dragon head in front of her.

The woman stared with wide eyes, slacked jawed as you were also frozen, Suddenly, she started to scream loudly, and you instantly got scared by the sudden reaction, so you began to scream, but in your dragon form, it was a loud roar.

"AHHH!!! IZU-!!" Izuku quickly jumped between you two and covered his mother's mouth.
"Mom! Mom! It's okay!" He quickly said as he pushed her inside, and you hurriedly hiding into bushes as a car drives by.

You poked your head out and quickly tried to push yourself through the door, but it was too small. Inko was filled with fear as you managed to go through the door, and was inside the house.

You awkwardly tried to avoid all of the things, swinging your tail around and making low growls as you were getting nervous at the close up spaces.
"It's okay! It's okay! You need to shift! Mom's not going to hurt you!" Izuku raised his arms out to calm you down, and you nodded frantically.

You shifted into your human form, sighing deeply at the room being bigger than before.
"I-I-Izuku!! It's the dragon villain from the news!! Why are they here?!" Inko said in a panic, hugging her son and pulling him away.

"No, no! Mom! They're not a villain! The news just portrayed them as one! They're my friend!" Izuku tried to calm her down and got out of her iron like grip.
"This is my mom! Please be gentle, she gets nervous easily!" Izuku bowed at you, and you looked back at her.

You folded your wings behind your back, a symbol to show that you were no threat, and showed your tail wing, a sign to mean 'we can be allies'.
"Sorry for scaring yer," You mumbled, and Inko felt a little bit calmer at your non threatening gesture.

"Why are you doing here?" Izuku suddenly asked, and you stood up straight.
"Got bored, was wondering what yer were doin," You shrugged, feeling guilty for scaring someone so small and round.
"Well, guess who got into UA!" He excitedly asked you, and you gave a smile as he started to celebrate.

You turned to Inko, who sighed in relief at the non existent threat, and you stretched your arm out for her.

"Let's be friends now, okay?"