17| THE PATRONUS

ARABELLE SPENT THE rest of the morning and afternoon in her dorm, she got dressed and she sat there on her bed, trying to learn about her father's side of Family. She didn't even come out when Hermione had come in and asked her to come to lunch. She said she wasn't hungry.

Hermione wasn't too convenced but she left nonetheless, however, she told Arabelle that she would get her something to eat.

In the past few hours, Arabelle learnt lots about her family. The Black's were all purebloods, most of them being in slytherin and unfortunately, most of her family members were either dead or in azkaban.

Later, she went down for dinner, but ended up sitting away from her friends. She read the book through out the dinner, then left before everyone else, right when Professor Trelawney walked in.

When she reached the portrait hole she found Sir Cadogan enjoying a Christmas part with a couple of monks, several previous headmasters of Hogwarts and his fat pony. He pushed up his visor toasted them with a flagon of mead.

"Merry — hic — Christmas Password?"

"Scurvy cur," said Arabelle.

Sir Cadogan let her in. Arabelle walked in, sighing at the comfort of the warmth in the common room. She looked at the fire for a bit before walking up to her dorm again.

After a while of reading she finally got bored and decided to go down. When Arabelle came down she found Professor McGonagall with Harry and Ron staring at her, both holding the Firebolt. Hermione was sat down close to them, with a book hiding her face while Caleb just stared at them.

Arabelle went down and sat beside Caleb. "What's happening, why's McGonagall in the common room?" She whispered to Caleb.

"Dunno, oh and, thanks for the book." Caleb whispered back.

"You're welcome, thanks for your gift too." She whispered.

"May I?" said Professor McGonagall.

Arabelle and Caleb looked up, they saw  Professor McGonagall examining Harry's firebolt carefully from handle to twig-ends. "Hmm. And there was no note at all, Potter? No card? No message of any kind?"

"No," said Harry blankly.

"I see…" said Professor McGonagall.

"Well, I’m afraid I will have to take this, Potter."

Arabelle and Caleb looked at her with widen eyes.

"W — what?" said Harry, scrambling to his feet. "Why?"

"It will need to be checked for jinxes," said Professor McGonagall. "Of course, I’m no expert, but I daresay Madam Hooch and Professor Flitwick will strip it down —"

"Strip it down?" repeated Ron, as though Professor McGonagall was mad.

"It shouldn’t take more than a few weeks," said Professor McGonagall. "You will have it back if we are sure it is jinx-free."

"There’s nothing wrong with it!" said Harry, his voice shaking slightly. "Honestly, Professor —"

"You can’t know that, Potter," said Professor McGonagall, quite kindly, "not until you’ve flown it, at any rate, and I’m afraid that is out of the question until we are certain that it has not been tampered with. I shall keep you informed."

"Uh Professor, i'm sure Harry's firebolt is perfectly fine. You see, I received a firebolt myself." Arabelle interrupted.

"You've got one too?" McGonagall asked.

"Yes Professor and mines had a note to it, I recieved that the firebolt and a few more things which look jinx-free to me" Arabelle said, standing up. "The same person probably sent it to Harry too, but maybe forgot to send a note with."