008| BACK TO HOGWARTS

THEY WERE ALL BACK to Hogwarts in no time. It first started with the first years sorting, which Arabelle zoned out of, then was Dumbledore's speech.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!" Dumbledore was saying in the Great Hall, his usual welcome speech.

"Now, I'd like to say a few words... before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast" Dumbledore continued. "First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin... who's kindly consented to fill the post... of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher" he said, as a man stood up behind him on the teacher's table. He humbly bowed in front of the students. He looked rather tired, yet had a smile on his face, which was scattered with scars. "Good luck, Professor."

Arabelle immediately recognised the man, he was the man in their compartment and had given her and Harry chocolates. She applauded for him with the others.

"Of course. That's why he knew to give you both the chocolate" Hermione said.

"Pst!" came a sharp voice from behind. "Potter! Conner!" Arabelle and Harry turned around.

It was Malfoy, trying to get their attention. Arabelle could see that he had stopped using hair gel and had grown, his voice a little more mature, his behaviour however, hadn't changed a bit.

"Potter. Conner. Is it true you fainted?" he said, faking smypathy. "I mean, you actually fainted?" he asked them, laughing to his friends. Ron held Harry's shoulders, and made him turn around.

"Shove off, Malfoy." Ron said to Malfoy.

"How did he find out?" Harry asked

"Just forget it." Hermione said.

They looked back at the headmaster, who was still speaking.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher..." Dumbledore continued. "Has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce, that his place will be taken by none other, than our own Rubeus Hagrid" he said, as most students of Gryffindor broke into loud applause and cheers, a few from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw too.

Arabelle applauded loudly with the others, happy for their friend. She and the trio smiled at Hagrid.

Arabelle grinned when she caught McGonagall nudging Hagrid for standing up, and he knocked down the entire table while doing just that.

"Finally" Dumbledore said, as he applaud faded away. "On a more disquieting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured" he announced, making the other surrounding them, look at Harry and Arabelle worriedly. "The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured, that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities, a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you... to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving" he said.

Arabelle had a feeling that this year was not a year she was excited for.

"But you know, happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

It was the night time, Lavender and Parvati were talking and giggling among themselves. Hermione had already gone to sleep claiming that she needed to wake up earlier for the classes tomorrow. Arabelle, however, was trying to sneak into the boys dormitories.

She knocked and waited for them to open the door. Seamus opened the door, his eyes widening. Arabelle smiled innocently at him. He immediately let her in.

"Harry! Ron! Dean! Neville! Hello!" Arabelle greeted enthusiastically, poping a candy into her mouth.

"Ara!" Neville Dean and Ron exclaimed

"Belle!" Harry exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"I was bored so I came here, Hermione was already alseep and the other two girls were discussing amongst themselves so here I am." Arabelle explained, sitting on Harry's bed where Ron was sat at the moment.

"Well, you're more than welcome to be here." Ron grinned.

And that's how they spent the night chatting, laughing and trying different candies.

Harry accidentally ate a candy that made steam come out his ears as though he were a train, which made everyone including Harry laugh hard. The night ended with Arabelle asleep in the boys dormitory on Harry's bed with Harry arms wrapped around her.