19: pride (not anymore)

Start from the beginning

I remain quiet so she continue without further ado. Her gaze locked firmly on mine. "Pride's wings was the most admirable wings among the demons. Her wings dark, enticing and always glimmers under the moonlight. It's like a combination of ink and melted silver. BUT, that was before, I have that tittle now, because she was no longer a member of the seven deadly queens and she no longer have her wings. She's going to be replace." Mina grinned at her own remark, showing the action of her tittle: Greed.

"Well thanks to you."

I felt a lone tear trickled down on the side of my face.

So has this been all along. That's why Yoongi was so mad. Why he was so being paranoid. Nayeon will lost her tittle. Because Nayeon loses her Pride. Her wings. It was damage and possibly cannot be fix.

"Yep. You guess it right. Because y'know Y/n, our wings is our pride. Our eyes resembles gluttony and lust. Because y'know if you can't have the things within your reach and arms, you'll be able only to stares at it and fantasize about it being yours. Our feelings are resembles as Greed. Feelings cannot be controlled and because of that, we does things for our own selfish desires. Only for us. As for sloth, it's represent our action, because the only things we did around is orders people around us. As for Envy... well... Let me think about it." she then does a thinking gesture as if it will help her find the right word to say. "Oh yeah right." she suddenly beam, "Like what Lust is feeling at the moment. She envy Pride- I mean Nayeon because she thinks that highness holds an special place on your heart."

Well she isn't wrong. But Sana have a special place in my heart too. And sloth too and Jihyo too and  — nevermind.

Mina finally introduce her twisted side, but I still have need to prepare myself for more awaited suprise.

A mocking smiles painted across her delicate features as she gazes at me with proud eyes.

"And now, I'm excited to watch a show. What you could possibly do to save Nayeon's crumbling reputation?" she smiles... devilishly.

--

I stared at Nayeon sleeping figure.

After the interaction with Greed, she left me there to ponders. After a while of just standing there, i decided to throw Nayeon a visit and sees her, here sleeping with no one around.

I let out a sigh and bend over, swiping the purple locks that had fallen on her forehead. I'm surprise It didn't wake her up. I continue to stares at her.

Where those demons have gone to?

My gaze shifted on her back. Absentmindedly, i lift my hand and touches her back and run my thumb along the line of her back.

I was startled when Nayeon unceremoniously grab me by the neck and shoves me against the soft bed, long sharp nails threatening my neck to a scars.

I let out a cough at the impact, eyes flickering up to meet with Pride's glowing one.

"Y/n?" She raised a brow at me, but did not budge to move away.

Our position alone made me smiled at her awkwardly, "Uhmm Hi Yeonnie- " i pressed my lips into thin line upon realizing i have given Nayeon a cute nickname.

I gulp inaudibly.

But Nayeon didn't do something, just there hovering half of her body above mine and gazing at me absentmindedly.

"What are you even doing here?" she muttered out melancholy and retract her hand from my neck, crossing her arms across her chest.

I blinks a few times before sitting up. My lips slowly forms into a small pout as I scratch the back of my ear, "Well... i just.." how the hell i am going to tell her that I know already the consequence of her, saving me. My pout deepen, not knowing what reply.