𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 18

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

I and Rebekah stood outside Davina's room, planning on letting her know that we must complete the harvest. Neither of us wished to be the one to break the news to her, but I felt as if I owed it to her to be the one to let her know. I just hoped that it wouldn't cause her to hate me forever.

"Let me talk to her." I sighed. "I do not wish for the relationship you currently have to be ruined over this."

She looked unsure of my proposal, knowing that after telling her she shall be sacrificed, a needle full of sedatives will have to be injected into her neck.

"I will be perfectly fine, Rebekah." I smiled, picking up her hands, giving them a tight squeeze for reassurance. I saw her eyebrow slightly furrow as she skimmed across my fingers. She had noticed that my ring was no longer on my finger.

"When did you take off your ring?" she asked, raising her head back up to look at me. "Last night. I and Elijah both agreed that for now we shall keep to rings off."

The sound of the wind picking up outside filled the silence, Returning our focus back to the serious crisis going on right now.

I picked up the syringe that rested on this sideboard, flashing Rebekah a weak smile before entering Davinas room. I sat myself down at the end of Davinas bed, placing the syringe on her bedside table.

"Davina." I called out quietly, hoping to not jolt her awake from her deep sleep. I smoothly ran my hand across her arm as she began to stir awake. "I need to talk to you."

"Rosalie?" she sat herself up hastily, shrugging my hand off of her. "What are you doing here?" Slight anger was heard in her voice.

"I just wish to talk to you, that's all." It Wasnt a complete lie, but in order for this to work, it was one of the only ways to keep her calm enough.

"Well I don't wish to speak to you." She argued. Her reaction was valid. I'd lied to her, I could as easily lie again.

"You must understand that I did it to protect you. There are people out there you need to worry about more than just the witches. Vampires all over the world would kill to get to you, simply just to use you for your magic."

"What? Like Klaus, Marcel, and Elijah? One thing wrong with that stupid baby and they would somehow find a way to strip me away from my magic." The shutters began to violently hit the brick walls.