𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

Once Elijah dropped me back to the palace royale, I spent the rest of the night attempting to drift off to sleep. Elijah's hallucinations brought many unpleasant Memories from my human life to my main trail of thought, that I prefer to keep in the back of my mind.

Early this morning while I was pottering around the different boutiques in New Orleans, I received an anger-fueled message from klaus, letting me know about the current situation with out family.

The sound of my heels clicking against the concrete floor alerted the vampires in the abattoir. Marcel and his few of his crew sat around a large table, while Klaus and Hayley sat at either end of the table. "Ah, Little Rosie, welcome to our feast." Klaus greeted. "Please, do sit." he motioned to the chair across from Marcel.

"Im older than you." I retorted, rolling my eyes, before turning my attention towards Marcel. "Are you stupid? What goes through your mind for you and Rebekah to go against the very man who could kill you with one bite or a specific piece of wood!" I exclaimed, my mothering tone slipping out.

"But then again, I shouldn't be that surprised considering he took part in raising you!" I pointed my finger towards klaus, who placed his hand over his heart, acting as if was deeply hurt by my words. "Very nice to see you as well, Rosalie." Marcel greeted.

"Glad to know you are alive." I heavily sighed, sitting in my assigned chair.

"Anyway, were was i?" Klaus mumbled, standing up with a champagne glass in hand. Tapping the glass seven times with a small spoon, he began his speech. "Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine. Insatiable need, exquisite pain..."

With one small signal, Four humans who at first I thought were merely just waiters placed themselves between each vampire, pulling up their sleeve, and slitting their wrists. All four of the Humans held their bleeding wrists over each vampire's glass.

When I was first turned, the thought of forever being forced to drink blood in order to survive was sickening to me. But after a few years, the guilt turned into numbness, and drinking blood became a natural thing.

Small veins appeared below my eyes, reminding me that it had been a while since id fed. "To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..." Klaus added. "and the party never end!" Marcel spoke up, raising his glass.