²⁶.-𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞

"Already?" Roz looked at the sound of cars pulling up

"Peacekeepers?" Zoya huffed, clutching her gun as they all stood. "Such fans."

"451 to base. We've got a truck coming in from the south. Over." Jackson spoke over her ear piece. Zoya put an arm across Katniss. "Stand down, everyone. It's friendly."

"Stand down." Katniss gave Zoya a minor look as she removed her hand.

"Sorry, guess Roz does it better then me." Zoya mocked her, walking backwards with a small wink as she headed for Finnick. "We have more squad members?"

"Assuming so." he hummed, the pair watching as the truck came to a stop and a few soldiers hopping out. With the help of another, Peeta came around the corner. Zoya gapped, her heart sunk.

Katniss grabbed her bow, Roz threw a hand infront of her before Zoya got a chance to see. Only, Gale wasn't nearly as smart as she had been. He rose his gun immediately as Peeta approached. "Okay, stop!"

Zoya shoved the head of his gun to the side and punch him in the face. Katniss gapped while Finnick laughed. "Zoya."

"Back off." Zoya warned them, despite understanding. Even after it all, knowing the fear that Peeta caused the ones around him, she'd be on his side. They all knew it just as much as she had. Her facial expression went from pissed off the joy filled as she put her gun in Finnick hands and walked over. The act alone was concerning, her only form of weapon pushed aside as she approached the capitols assignment.

"Peeta." Zoya hugged him as he mumbled under his breath. "Are you okay?"

He snapped out of his daze, locking eyes with her. "Zoya?"

"Yeah." she smiled, nodding as she clutched his hand to show it had been real. "You okay?"

He nodded. "I'm from District 12."

"Hey." she held his face with a small smile, nodding in reassurance. "You're okay. I'm not gonna let these people mess with her."

Peeta leaned his head forward, their similar heights coming in handy as his forehead dropped onto her collarbone. Zoya looked back when Jackson approached with hand cuffs. "Solider, this is just a precaution."

"I can handle him." Zoya tried to reason.

"It's an order." Jackson spoke in return, nodding backwards to Boggs.

"Yeah. Yeah, let's put them on." Peeta mumbled as he held his wrist out, the fabric going around his hands to bound them together. "District 12. Peeta Mellark."

Zoya held the back of his neck with a smile. "We're good?"

Peeta hummed as Zoya smiled, kissing him on the forehead with a clasp to his hand, leading him with her back inside.

"He wanted to come." Boggs spoke as the pair sat down, explaining to the group why Peeta had been here. His eyes went to Zoya. "For her."

Zoya rubbed Peetas back, his head leaned on her shoulder. Roz had to smile, taking Katniss' hand to show that she would be safe. Boggs looked around again. "They want us to add him to the propo. Show that he's on our side now."