²⁰.-𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

"That's a terrifying sight

"That's a terrifying sight." Zoya said honestly, watching Katniss and Joanna attempt to communicate, one washing the blood off Wiress, the other messing with her axe.

"I have to agree." Peeta nodded, watching as Zoya held the parachute high in the air. "You sure this is gonna work?"

"You just have to give it a second." Zoya hummed, holding her breath as she waiting for wind. After a few minutes, it picked up, and the refurbished gift, now appearing as a purple liquid, was floating away across the water.

"You're a genius." Peeta shook his head in disbelief. "A genuine."

Zoya cracked a half grin with a shrug. "Well, I try."

Katniss began shouting the same words Peeta had, holding onto Wiress as she hurried back to the sand, urging the rest of follow. Grasping a stick, she drew in the sand. "The entire arena seems to be laid out like a clock with a new threat every hour, but they stay only within their wedge. It all starts with the lightening. Then the blood rain, fog, monkeys. That's the first four hours. At 10:00, the big wave bird from over there."

Before long, they had traveled to the cornucopia and were going over the plan again. Peeta pointed to the end. "Look, the tail points to 12."

"And the base at six." Zoya agreed, looking to the opposite end.

"That's where the lightning strikes at moon and midnight." Katniss agreed with a nod of her head.

"Strikes where?" Beetee asked curiously, looking from beside his glasses.

"That big tree." The Everdeen girl pointed that way, Zoya making sure Peeta didn't lose his balance while walking over a cluster of rocks.

"Okay, so, 12 to 1 was the lightning." Zoya spoke as Peeta redrew the clock.

"Then 1 to 2 is blood." he agreed with her. "Then fog. And then monkeys."

"God knows what they're gonna throw out next." Zoya shook her head with an exhale. "Might try to freaking blind me again!"

"Zoya, keep your voice down." Katniss gave her a wild look. "10 to 11 was the wave. What about everything else? Did you guys see anything?"

"Nothing but blood." Joanna shook her head honestly.

"Doesn't matter as long as we steer clear of whichever sector is active, we'll be safe." Peeta looked over, his hair looked slightly blonder from all the sun they'd got.

"For now." Zoya agreed, her cheeks a red glow from the sun as well. "They could mix it up on our asses just to prove that they can out smart us."

"Us?" Peeta cracked a grin her way. "Who's ever out smarted the two of us?"

"No one, yet." she tilted her head knowingly. Peeta didn't get a chance to say anything before Wiress' singing came to an end, a gasp leaving her lips as they turned to see Gloss has sliced her throat. Zoya threw a hand out, pushing Peeta behind her as Katniss shot an arrow into District One's chest. His sister came from the other side, Joanna shoving Katniss to the side to impale her with her axe.