44: She's not my ex.

Wow. Mickey's good. The place IS jammed with customers. New and old. The line is long, too. I better get into it before it gets even longer. I took a peek at the counter and I see Mia is still bartending. That girl just can't give up serving coffee just yet. But the person she's taking orders from is.. Elena? "Elena!" I shouted. Just enough for her to hear me.

But I didn't even notice that she was with another woman. Shit, they just got their coffee. A teenager behind me was reading a magazine. I quickly grabbed it to cover my face. "Hey!" She says. "Grace?" Busted. "Oh, hi. I-I didn't see you there. Elena?" The teenage girl looked at me. No. Judged me. "Didn't you just call my name?"

.........

Dang, it!

"Anyway you're.. back," Elena says. So she has noticed I'm gone. Not that I want her to notice but omg she noticed! "How long have you been home?" Should I lie or tell the truth? "A couple of weeks ago." Truth it is, then. She nods. "Well.." She looks down at her feet. A thing she does when she's shy. "It's good to see you back."

"Uh, you too."

"I'll let you get back to your.. magazine."

The teenager and I looked at each other.

"Yes uh, you have a great day. The TWO of you. I-I hope the two of you will have a great day. Afternoon. Cos it's been oh it's nighttime so I hope you two have a great night. Evening. Time." The teenage girl popped her bubblegum as Elena smiled and says goodbye.

"She didn't even introduce me."

"That was the most awkward encounter of an ex I have ever seen." The teenage girl commented once they were out of the shop. "She's not my ex."

"I bet she was something to you and you fucked it up."

"I.. shut up."

"I will if you give me back my magazine."