26: So You've Fallen for Him

"No. I didn't."

"So what are you doing here?"

"How about you tell me first what you're doing in my shower and I'll tell you why I came here." What I'm doing in the shower.. "Didn't Josh told you he was bringing me over here? Oh, shoot did he even asked permission to use this? I am so sorry I didn't know."

"That's quite alright. I gave him keys to this cabin when he turned 18. While his dad gave him his first mustang." That's a lot for an 18-year-old. No wonder he's spoiled. "Josh is a good kid and has never taken advantage of his freedom." Okay, she's got a point there. "And I'm guessing he brought you here to spend the weekend together."

"So he's done this before? Bring girls over to a lovely cabin, spend a few nights and make them fall for his charms." I rolled my eyes. "So you've fallen for him." Elena and I locked eyes. There's that faraway look again. What are you thinking? She stood up and gathered our plates. "Oh. Please let me do that." I grabbed the plates from her. I kept the table neat and clean as she stood there watching me. I wanted to tell her the truth. That she's wrong. I haven't fallen for Josh. But is that really wise to tell someone who's his mother? A white apron appeared in front of me. Elena tied it to a ribbon down my waist. "It's a little long, isn't it? Let me fix that." She tied it behind me. I could feel her breath. Oh, God. Stop it. She took a step back to her post. "Ahem." I cleared my throat. "So what brings you here?" I asked. Trying to shake that rush of blood I just felt. I heard her taking a deep breath when I turned the tap on. "I came here to get some fresh air."

"I understand. There's not much of that in the city."

"Mmhh.."

"But why are you really here?" I asked as I continued washing the plates. I paused to look at the faintest lip gloss Elena left on her white cup. I wonder what they taste like. "Work has been stressful lately." She tilted her head to the side. Massaging the back of her neck. I turned my head back to the dishes in front of me when she saw me looking at her. "What about you? Who's taking care of the flower shop now that you're somewhere in the woods with me?" I could feel her eyes roaming my body and felt a chill down my spine. "Uhm, my employee. Violet. Which reminds me.." I wiped my hands on the apron and took it off of me. "I need to get going."

"Why are you in a hurry?" She lightly grabbed my elbow. If you keep looking at me like that, Elena I swear I'll do whatever you ask me to do. "You're here to relax and so am I. Let's enjoy it together." She suggested. I should say no. I need to go home. "Come on. At least until noon. And I'd be happy to drive you home at lunch. Seeing there are no other cars in the driveway, Josh must've driven you here. So I'm your only way out." My only way out..

"Oh my.. this lake is beautiful." I took in the scenery before me. The water perfectly reflected the sky's blue color. So peaceful and statue still with the birds chirping here and there. I heard something on my right and saw Elena getting in on a boat. "Woah, where are you going?" I asked. "You mean, 'we'." I shook my head. "I'm not getting in that thing."

"What do you mean? You just said the lake is beautiful."

"Yeah, well I can appreciate its beauty from here. Thank you."

"Come on. We walked all the way here. You're not just going to stand and watch me row over that beautiful lake alone, are you?" I thought this over and looked at Elena. Not those puppy brown eyes. "I'm not going without a vest." She smiled. "Lucky for you, I have one right here on the boat."