I lower my hands as Rogue seems to relax, though he continues to study me

I lower my hands as Rogue seems to relax, though he continues to study me. His eyes then find my pink Fairy Tail guild mark on my left shoulder.

"You're a Fairy Tail member?" He questions, switching his gaze back to me.

I nod my head. "That's correct!" I notice his black sabertooth tiger head crest on his right shoulder. "And you're with Sabertooth." My smile fades slightly,

We both fall silent as Rogue furrows his brows once more, tilting his head as he gazes at me. Rogue asks slowly, "Are you..."

"Am I...?" I prompt almost playfully as I mirror his tilting head with a smile tugging my lips.

"..... Are you... The Valkyrie, otherwise known as The Flash?" Rogue finishes.

I can't help but smile at the recognition. "In the flesh!" I say, putting my fists on my hips. Rogue's eyes widen in shock at this. I blush, suddenly remembering that I'm wearing a pink bikini. I clear my throat, holding my hand out to the ravenette. "I'm Vivian Knight. My friends call me Viv, for short."

"Rogue Cheney. Thank you for finding Frosch," Rogue says gratefully, accepting my hand. I was surprised at how warm his hand feels, grasping my own.

"You're welcome," I say. "So you've heard of me?" I release his hand.

"Of course. Everyone in my guild knows of the infamous The Flash. Your skills with the rapier are legendary."

I blush at Rogue's compliment as I mutter, "I'm not nearly as powerful as Erza, though."

"I wouldn't be so sure. What are you doing out here?" Rogue asks.

"I'm training for the Grand Magic Games," I answer, my smile returning.

"You're coming this year? But you've never competed before," Rogue says, slightly confused and surprised.

"Well, I decided to give my team some support this year. And, you know, see what these games are actually all about. Oh, and Fairy Tail is so gonna win! Especially now that our strongest members have returned!" I say enthusiastically.

"You really think so?"

"I know so!" I grin at him. I then turn serious as I ask Rogue, "Can I ask you something?" Rogue nods. "Since you have an Exceed, I'm going to assume that you're a Dragon Slayer. Did your dragon disappear on the seventh of the seventh in the year 777?"

"... not exactly. More like I killed him with my own hands," Rogue says coldly, making my eyes widen and heart to stop beating in my chest.

My gaze hardening, I demand of Rogue, "H-How can you just s-say that so bluntly?! He was your father, wasn't he? How could you?!"

"It was the same with Sting. We did it because our dragons were weak," Rogue says in an unwavering tone, though I thought I saw a conflicting expression in his eyes.

"You don't mean that," I say, my bangs shadowing my gaze. "You claim to have killed your dragons, but I bet deep down you regret it. And that it pains you."

"You don't understand—"

"You're right, I don't understand! But I know it must have been hard for you and Sting to do," I interrupt him, feeling angry toward Rogue and Sting for what they did to their parents.

Silence settles among us as I process what Rogue said.

"I have to get back to training," I say eventually, my voice softer now. "I guess I'll see you around, Rogue-kun?"

He gazes at me for a moment before nodding, his gaze soft. I lock eyes with Rogue for a moment, feeling my heart pound again.

Rogue says as he turns to leave, "Goodbye, Viv-chan."

"Goodbye, Rogue-kun," I say and watch the Cheney leave. I let out a heavy sigh once it was just me again.

I was upset by what Rogue had said, but I have to shake it off now so I can refocus on training.

2 months later...

I pant heavily after trying out my new Valkyrie Sword Magic spell, sweat coating my forehead. It's been three months since I started training, and I've made sure to practice in all areas.

"I think it's about time to head home. I wonder how the others are doing? I hope they're alright," I murmur to myself.

"Viv-chan!" I look up to see Frosch heading toward us, and blink my fuschia eyes in surprise.

"Frosch? Did you get lost again?" I ask in surprise, though I'm smiling.

"Fro did," He says, looking only slightly scared, as he clings to my leg. I bend down and pick him up, hugging Frosch.

"We're about to leave but we'll take you back to Rogue. He must be worried about you," I say.

Frosch nods but before we could leave, Rogue's voice calls, "Frosch!!" Rogue comes out of the trees, and spots his Exceed in my arms. Relief washed over his face as Rogue comes over and takes Frosch back. "I'm glad you're alright, Frosch." The ravenette looks back at me, a small smile on his face. "Thank you, Viv-chan."

"You're welcome," I reply.

A moment of silence passes over us. Then, Rogue speaks up. "Look, about what we said two months ago—"

"Don't worry about it," I interrupt, though my voice is soft. "I understand you must have had a reason for killing your dragon parent. I was just shocked, is all."

This feeling every time I'm with Rogue... it's a little hard to explain, but I think... I think I might like him...!

"You're not mad?" Rogue asks.

I shake my head as I say, "No. like I said, I was just shocked. So, I just didn't understand why you and Sting killed your parents. You must miss them."

Rogue doesn't say anything, and I know he knows I'm right. He casts his gaze down.

I finally speak up again, placing my right hand gently on his arm, causing the Cheney to flick his gaze back up to me. "Look, I've gotta go and meet back up with my teammates at the resort, but I'll be seeing you at Crocus for the Grand Magic Games, 'kay?" He just gives a slight nod. I pull my hand back, turning to go pick up my pink bag.

I wave to the crimson eyed male as I leave the forest and head back to Akane Resort.