Chapter 13: Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

"And what was her advice?"

You slyly chuckled moving away from his face,
you looked at his eyes in amusement, feeling a hot rush of blood flowing throughout your body.

Okazaki walked upstairs, sliding the door open while holding empty boxes, "Sir, would you like takeout boxes for your—"

Without a second thought, you firmly smacked Ayato across his face!

Okazaki's jaw fell on the floor, from the intense shock he had just witnessed. He accidentally dropped the boxes.

The restaurant owner was too stunned to speak.

Ayato slightly turned his face towards you, his cheek bright red from the robust impact. Hot crimson blood dropped down from his nose.
He took deep heavy breaths, glaring as if this was the end for you.

Okazaki faltered, unable to speak while fumbling upon his words, "Sir Ka-Kamisato—"

"—Ah don't worry, my wife is a bit...vicious. Do get us clean takeout boxes, Mr.Okazaki."

"Right away sir!"

Okazaki quickly ran downstairs, as for Ayato, he wiped off the warm blood dripping down from his nose.

You soon began to lose consciousness but before you could fall face-first into the table, Ayato swiftly grabbed and positioned your head to his on his lap.
He smiled, "You're such a pain y/n."

Okazaki came in with clean takeout boxes and sooner or later, Ayato packed all of the remaining food. There were so many leftovers that he had to ask the restaurant staff to send all the remaining food to the estate.

If food was his only problem he'd have no worries but, the large oni and y/n were completely blacked-out. He couldn't carry both Itto and y/n on his back.

A practical yet ingenious plan Ayato had come up with was to call one of the Tenryou police officers to pick up the oni while he carried you to the Kamisato Estate.

After the sun melted into the sky just like how a candle burns its wax, the sky's bright hue turned into a dark blue. The silvery moon was the sun's replacement.

—Someone's P.O.V—

I finally finished writing all the information I gathered while watching the Yashiro Commissioner and his wife.
I'm sure Master would be very pleased with my knowledge.

"Master, I believe this will be to your liking," I handed the notes to him, waiting for his response.

"Mrs. Kamisato has two visions...how interesting." He mumbled, pausing for a few minutes before continuing, "could it be? That one of her visions isn't a vision?"

"Whatever do you mean, sir?"

"Keep an eye on her." My Master stood up from his seat and began planning.

—End of Someone's P.O.V—

It was late at night when you finally woke up, feeling a dull headache, and the nauseous feeling from the after-effects of the sake made it worse. You began walking towards the bathroom, splashing cold water onto your face in hopes of reviving a refreshed feeling.

Afterward, you made it outside, noticing Itto and Ayato chatting around while the Oni gobbled up soup intensely as if he hasn't had food in weeks!

"Oh y/n, my bro's bro! Over here!" Itto cheerfully yelled as the moonlight cast a bright shade across the estate.

Ayato turned his head towards you, "You're awake, I'll go get you some warm soup."

You nodded and began to sit next to Itto while waiting for Ayato.

"I haven't seen Ayato smile as much like this in years." Itto looked up at the sky, smiling at the twinkling stars. "I've known Ayato for a while, he was always the type to place walls up whenever someone got too close...well, it couldn't be helped."

Y/n kept quiet, looking down at the ground.

"I'm happy to see him smile even if it's for a little bit. I should get going, Goodnight y/n."

"Leaving so soon Itto?" Ayato walked up, holding an envelope and a bowl of soup. "This is for you," he passed the envelope to Itto.

Itto opened the envelope, reading the paper. His eyes widened, "I HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH FRAUD AGAIN?! AND THIS TIME I HAVE TO PAY 900K MORA!? AHHHHHH!!!"

Itto hurriedly said his goodbyes to you and Ayato, while screaming through the night about how much mora he's going to have to pay in the near future.

You took a spoon full of soup...bad choice, y/n.
"WHAT IS THIS? IT'S SO BAD!!" You whined, tears flowing down.

"It's my little revenge for smacking me in the face earlier."

I smacked Ayato?? Since when—oh...oh my Archons. I can't believe my drunk self would have the audacity to smack him right in his face.

Then again, he deserved it.

"Say y/n you look a little red..." Ayato leaned in, his hand caressing your cheek as his eyes gazed down upon your lips.

You moved forward accidentally head-bumping into each other, "Oww."

"Why'd you move in—" he complained, rubbing his head.

"Weren't you trying to check my temperature?"

"Y-yea totally."

Author's Note:

Credit goes to SunnLatte for suggesting the line, "The sky is clear, but I fear for not long."

"