Before she could inquire any further, a loud hiss echoed in the hallway, accompanied by the crashing and shattering sound of vases. In the background, there were short-lived screams of utter terror.

"Miss, please get inside!" The guard shouted in urgency. Surprised and scared, Lea dashed inside the bedchamber of her mistress. She bolted the door behind her with a thump, uncaring of how loud she was.

"My lady!" She spoke in urgency, expecting the woman to be up and brandishing her dagger already.

She was met with the sight of the lump of her mistress' body lying still beneath the duvet. Which was odd. Lady Kiara always had been a light sleeper.

Frowning, Lea touched the duvet— it collapsed under her touch. She remained unmoving for a moment.

Did my— Did my Lady flattened?

Shaking the baseless thought out of her head, Lea poked the duvet two more times, just in case. She straightened before rubbing her head.

The bed was empty.

The frown marring her face deepened.

"My Lady?" She called out, knocking at the attached bathroom.

No reply.

This was another bad habit of Lady Kiara; she never answered back if someone called out for her when she was in the bathroom, or anywhere else for that matter.

Lea sighed. "What is she—" she muttered to herself halfway before she heard hissing right outside the door. The guards were muttering to themselves. Her heart thrummed.

What is it?

She approached the door and put her ears on it.

A meow.

Followed by a hiss.

A cat?

Heavens, a cat had everyone running around like that.

Opening the door, she peeked outside. At the sound the door opening, they looked behind at her. They were just as tense as before.

"A cat?"

"It looked like one. It was too big for being one however." One of them spoke. She looked at him closely. His lack of red eyes but presence of canines clearly marked him as a werewolf.

"Too big?" Lea questioned as she heard profanities from down the other side of the hallway.

"Yes, twice as big." The second one grumbled. His light red eyes flashed and he gulped, locking his jaw tightly. "It looked like it was out for blood. Scratched and attack quite a many guards."

Weren't there were about five half-blooded vampires after the cat? 

Lea hummed with a frown, her eyes now wandering to the hallway. The sounds of hissing had grown faint and they came from the other side of the hallway. The guards chattered among themselves and the big cat duly contributed in their conversation timely. There were shrieks and screams heard at regular intervals. Undoubtedly, the masters of the house must be up by now.

If it is that big, is it even a cat?

"They will capture it in a while, it is but an animal. Rest assured, miss."

Lea glanced at them with uncertainty but closed the door nonetheless. Muffled sounds of crashes still came through the closed doors.

Heavens, is this cat or a demon in disguise?

She moved her eyes towards the unmade bedsheet and duvet, all crumpled and creased, as if someone had been laying on it and then woke up. Lady Kiara never left her bed unmade, though. She always folded the sheets. She folded it in a certain way, and hated it if someone else did them.