Yuseff XXXVI

Okay, I'll admit, I was a little cocky. That dip in the lake filled me up with so much energy. I could feel the power flowing through me. I knew I was much stronger than before. If I could just tap into that power I used against Alexander, the fight would be over easily. Of course my mind quickly changed when she threw me.

I flew for a few blocks before gently... [God it hurt so much.] landing on a car. Luckily for me, broken bones healed in a matter of moments. Giving me just enough time to notice she didn't just fling me in any direction. The area was locked down and I was surrounded by KP.

Why is it always so difficult?

I readied myself, but they never came closer. No one even pulled a gun. Needless to say, I was surprised. I was public enemy number one. [Fatima wants me to note that we both were number one, as if that's something to be proud of.] Regardless, this behavior was odd. Then I realized why.

After a moment, some officers made way for their captain to enter the area. Either she ordered them to just stand guard so that she could fight me herself, or they just wanted to watch. Either was possible. I really hate these people.

I held my left hand over my bow tattoo. The pink circle formed and I pulled my weapon. I knocked an arrow and took aim. I couldn't let her get close with that whip.

"Oh, a new one I see." she said, "Looks like the one missing from my ship. I'm eager to find out how you claimed it as your own."

I fired off a few arrows, but she effortlessly deflected them with her whip.

"No words?" she asked, "All that time together. I figured you'd have something to say."

I didn't. I couldn't speak. That whole month I pictured nothing but how I would kill her when I was freed. Cutting her head off like Alexander was too good for her. Too clean. No, she needed to suffer. It needed to be visceral. She was a sadist. Her experiments had the guise of research, but I knew she did it for pleasure. This woman was evil. I needed to take her down.

Yet here I was, keeping my distance. Everytime she took a step closer, I'd shift back. I'd barely done anything and was already sweating. I dreamt of the day I'd get to fight her on equal footing. But this wasn't it. I didn't shake with anticipation. My hands clammed up, my throat was dry. I was terrified. But it wasn't just me. Her mere presence was making everyone uncomfortable. I could feel some kind of aura radiating from her.

My vision tunneled. Her malicious being was shaking me. I felt as if she was carving right into my soul. I could see the blade of her scalpel hanging over my chest, feel the sharp edge carve into my essence, my spirit oozing out from the wound. My bow dissipated in my hands as my legs buckled. I fell to one knee.

I focussed back on Kassandra. This was her doing for sure. My eyes widened when I saw her. She was covered in red markings, like war paint. It ran down her arms and legs and up to her face. Her neck was completely red while her face had the picture of a skull on it. She held her hand over her hip and a red circle appeared. She had another weapon. Honestly, as long as it wasn't an instrument of torture, I would be fine. [Then again, I wasn't expecting a fucking gun.]

Out from her hip sprung a six shot revolver. I tried to summon my armor before she could fire off a few rounds. But for some reason, it wouldn't come. I was able to pull out my shield though, right before a bullet flew straight through it and into my shoulder. A second round entered my abdomen while a third made its way into my shin.

"AHHCK!" I fell to the ground, writhing in pain. The bullets were still moving inside me. Like I could with my arrows, she was controlling the bullets apart from the gun. I felt them digging deeper into me. I couldn't do anything. I tried to summon my khopesh to cut them out, but it was no use. They kept moving. The more I tried, the worse the pain got. Then, I felt something wrapping around my leg.