We all looked at each other.

"This is a specialized section of their Maior forces."

"A specialized group of Maiors?" Sebatian asked, "What do you mean?"

"Based on the information we have been able to gather," Hollice explained, "This group's main focus is archeology."

"Pfft" Sebatian scoffed, "How are some history nerds supposed to cause us trouble?"

"This threat is serious." Hollice scolded. Sebastian straightened up.

"We have reasons to believe this group was formed to search for the ancient temples as well. And if they are, that makes them our primary enemy."

"Our enemy?" Jackie asked, "I get that they're Deupointese, but they are still Maiors. If the return of Menthu is indeed upon us, wouldn't it make more sense to ally with them?"

I nodded my head in agreement. If Menthu was truly returning, we needed more allies than enemies.

"But you've already stated the problem." Hollice replied, "These Maiors, The Zhanshi they call themselves, are Deupointese, our enemies. We cannot risk the chance of them finding the power in that temple and using it against us."

"The Zhanshi." Olin repeated, "If the Temple of Menthu is in Deupoint, is it possible they are corrupted?"

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"It is Menthu's nature to corrupt people." Olin replied, "If the temple is in Deupoint, and these Maiors are close to it, his power could possibly reach them."

"We cannot say for sure." Hollice replied.

"Wait!" I said, "We shouldn't jump to conclusions right? Isn't it possible their plan is the same as ours? Not to use what's in the temples for war on each other, but to fight back against Menthu?"

Maybe they could be allies

"Sure." Hollice said, "But let's look at what's going on. A major conflict is slowly creeping up on us. One that will put our country against Deupoint and her allies. This is the very thing that fuels Menthu. The Isi are leading us. If we are working on their side, who are they fighting for?"

I had no response. He was right. If this was a month ago, I'd be more skeptical. [Although I am still pretty skeptical.] I would look at any other reason to explain the war coming. I still believed it was a product of the FGN's own doing. This world was a powder keg just begging for a spark.

However, with me becoming a Maior, I wasn't so sure. Ever since I woke up, I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was lurking in the shadows. That someone was watching over me. Maybe Menthu really was returning. Or maybe there was just more we needed to learn.

"So what's the mission?" Jackie asked.

"Intel reconnaissance." Hollice replied, "I need you four, along with Pierre as backup, to attack their compound in Deupoint, acquire any information about them and anything that may lead us to the temple. Then leave before anyone can draw connects between you and Colrad."

"Sounds like a plan." Sebatian said, rubbing his hands together, "When do we leave?"

"Calm down there son." Hollice smirked, "You all are fairly new to being Maiors, proper training is needed. Otherwise you'd die in Deupoint." He got up and walked towards the windows.

"One month." he said, "You four will go through rigorous training for a month straight. You will head to Eveque and retrieve the Scimitar. Then move directly for Deupoint."