lee heeseung.

이 희승

"yesterday,all my troubles seemed so far away,now it looks as though they're here to stay

"yesterday,
all my troubles seemed so far away,
now it looks as though they're here to stay.
oh, i believe in yesterday."

when yerim was with lee heeseung, she felt safe in her own little bubble, and when he was with her, he felt exactly the same. yesterday was a bubble day, but today was the day yerim would be gone forever. no more bubble days, no more forgetting the world. yesterday was the best day of her life.

"what's this?" yerim wandered around heeseung's room as he watched her from the doorway. she ran her fingers over his dusty shelves of cds, shooting a quick glance at his window. it was misty with a light rain but the sun still filtered through, backlighting the marker drawings on the glass. her eyes shifted over to a lone guitar laying propped up against the wall in the corner.

forever caught up in that perfect yesterday, yerim never would have noticed the crying boy and girl through a filter of two windows, those teenagers, just like her and heeseung, trapped in the flow of their parents' lives.

yerim made a small curious humming sound and picked up the guitar, inspecting the overlapping stickers on its surface. she looked over to the doorway for heeseung, but he'd already approached her, meeting her shining gaze. "do you want to learn?" he asked with a little grin.

yerim nodded, an excited feeling starting to flutter in her chest. she stood up from the floor and handed the guitar to heeseung. "i can add a sticker!" she stuck her hands into her pockets and ruffled them around a little before pulling out a small folded sticker sheet.

she unfolded it and showed off a mini collection of plant and animal stickers, just as colorful as the drawings on heeseung's window. "which one?" yerim prodded, peeking around to gauge heeseung's reaction. he pouted a little, seriously gazing at the stickers. "hmm." he adjusted his grip on the guitar and lifted his right hand. he brushed his fingers over the page before landing on a big blue and purple butterfly. "this one." he announced into the quiet of the house.

yerim and heeseung met each other's gazes and immediately broke out into a short fit of smiles and laughter. she followed him in flopping onto his soft mattress before peeling the sticker off the page and placing it on the guitar. she smiled at her work and carefully re-folded her sticker sheet to shove it back in her pocket. "are you going to teach me now?" yerim raised her eyebrows and glanced up at heeseung in question. his lips quirked up into a grin. "show me how you would hold it."

yerim held out her arms for the guitar and heeseung handed it over by the neck so she wouldn't have any hints on how to hold it. fumbling with the thing, she tried to adjust it in her arms and placed her fingers on the fingerboard. she sent an unsure little smile in heeseung's direction.