8

«Next 3 days (Saturday)»

Lee Know POV
I

t was only 7 am, and this annoying moron woke me up with her loud voice. But her voice is not bad. I pretended to sleep.

She approached me to wake me up. "Nice voice, alarm," I teased her. She ran to her bed. "Have you been awake?" She asked.

"Just now," I answered. "Ms. Kim said that today we can do everything we want and we can go everywhere we want," She passed the news to me.

I nodded. "Okay, thanks. Now be quiet, I'm going back to sleep," I said, covering myself with the blanket. "Have you heard about tonight's show? There will be fireworks tonight!" She said.

"Really? So you're staying tonight?" I asked. "Yes, I'm not going to miss it. I will be standing there, with my camera," She pretended like she was holding her camera. Should I tell her tonight? "Cool, then I'm staying too," I said.

-Nighttime-

A few more minutes before the fireworks event started. Jinhee hasn't got here. Tonight I'm gonna confessed my feelings for her. Since the bus incident, I have had feelings for you. I will do anything to be near you.

~Flashback to when they got their seat numbers in the airplane~

"Nooo," I screamed silently when I know that Jinhee will not be sitting next to Wooyoung. That means she's sitting in front of me later, I'm not going to be far from her.

I saw Wooyoung walking next to one of my classmates. "Hey, you!" I called him. He pointed at himself. "Yeah you, come here," I said. He approached me.

"What's your seat number? Are you sitting next to a window?" I asked. He shook his head. "No, I'm not sitting next to a window. But I wish I could sit next to it," He said, smiling.

"Oh, great! Do you mind switching seats with me? I'm sitting next to a window, and I'm afraid of height," I handed out my seat number and he did the same.

~End of Flashback~

"Ding dong" The bell rang. That must be her, I quickly go to the door and opened it. The door revealed Jinhee, with... A bouquet. "Oh hey, where did you get those flowers?" I asked.

"Do you believe it or not? Seonghwa confessed to me and give this flower!" She said, sniffing the flower and walking in. "Which Seonghwa is this?" I asked.

"Seonghwa of Ateez, you know them?" She smiled, and I forced a smile. My heart broke into millions of pieces. Am I too late? Is this real? My tears are about to flow but I wiped them off.

"Lee Know, come here! I could hear the New Yorkers' countdown" she patted her side, signalling that she was asking me to sit beside her.

I sat beside her and look at her. She was looking at her phone. 'Seonghwa<33'. That punk, there are so many girls in this world, and he stole my girl.

It's happening, fireworks sound everywhere. Jinhee began to take pictures. Everyone was supposed to be happy, everyone is happy, including Jinhee.

It's just me, being sad. "Isn't it beautiful, Lee Know? Lee Know? Lee Know! Why are you crying? It's okay, I'm here," Jinhee said, I wasn't even realized that I'm crying. "It's okay, I'm here," She said, resting my head on her lap.

Yes, you're here, Jinhee. But are you going to be here forever? How am I supposed to be okay? I cried and cried. Why am I so weak? I can't cry in front of people, especially girls, especially... Jinhee. I still can't admit that Jinhee is taken by someone else.

"Lee Know, you were supposed to be happy, I'm here with you, watching the fireworks," It's the 3rd time she said that. It can't cure my broken heart.

"Maybe we should go take a rest," Jinhee said, dragging me to my bed. I lay down and she covered me with the blanket.

"Please don't be sad, we're going back to Korea tomorrow!" She cheered me up, I smiled lightly and closed my eyes. She patted my head and went to the balcony to clean up. I turned to the other side and dozed off.

«Next day»

Jinhee POV

I was packing my stuff, we're going back to Korea today. I'm so excited! I turn around and saw Lee Know. "Are you excited to go back to Korea?" I asked him.

No response. He just looked at me and ignore me just like that. What? What's going on? Why is he like this? "Hey, are you okay?" I asked him again. He nodded. Why is he so quiet today?

"Anyways, what happened last night? Why did you cry? Something bothering you?" I have so many questions in my head. I better not ask him more, he looks scary. "Let's go," he said, in a cold tone.

Did he get into a fight last night? Did he break up with his girlfriend? Wait, since when did he have a girlfriend? Why am I so worried about him? Then I got a notification. It was Seonghwa.

~Text~

Seonghwa<33

Where are you?

I'm going to the lobby
Miss me already?

Yeah:(
Anyways, see ya;)

Okay!

~End of text~

I grab my luggage and went to the lobby with Lee Know. When we got to the lobby, he left me in the elevator. I sighed and pulled out my luggage.

"Hey, girl. What's with that face? I heard you're Seonghwa's official girlfriend. You should be happy," Ryujin came to me. I forced a smile. "Yeah," I took a glance at Lee Know. "What's wrong? You look worried," she asked.

"It's just... Lee Know. He's been ignoring me since this morning," I explained. "Why are you even worried about him? Look, there's Seonghwa!" Ryujin pointed at Seonghwa.

Seonghwa approached us. "Hey, gurl," He put his hands on my shoulders. "Hey," I replied. "Let's go?" He asked and I nodded. We went to the airport.

*Skip at Korea, at Jinhee's House*

"Ding dong" I rang the bell. It was answered by my mom. "Jinhee! Welcome home!" She hugged me. I hugged her back. She then holds my hand and saw my ring. "Oh? What's this? It's so beautiful," She rubbed it. I smiled.

"It's from my friend, Lee Know, remember? The boy who you asked to look after me? Also, the boy who usually fights with me? That's him," I smiled in pain. I don't know why it hurts me a lot to see him ignoring me. I'm curious. "Wanna come in?" She said and I nodded.