Itto x Gorou - A general's mishap (Fluff)

Gorou Itto 👀

-

As the sun set, Gorou had begun travelling back to the main city of Inazuma from Watatsumi Island. He had planned to meet up with someone there around midnight as he had to discuss something with them in relation to the resistance in Watatsumi Island, but he feared he would be running late and wouldn't be able to make it, as he would not exactly like to travel through inhabited places that might not be all too safe at night in the dark, with all those monsters around n' stuff. He'd prefer not to have any encounters with some not so nice people, let alone enemies and monsters.

As he walked, time seemed to pass much faster than he had expected it to... It was almost dark now, the sun setting just over the hill in front of him. His fluffy, golden-brown dog ears were angled downwards, pinned back against his head in discomfort as he looked around. He wasn't all too sure about where he was now, and it was making him panic inside juuuust a little bit. He decided it'd be best if he continued walking, he might be able to find someone who could tell him where to go, or point him towards somewhere he could stay safely for the night, until morning came so that he could safely travel again...

Gorou began to feel more and more unsure as he continued walking. He didn't want to get completely lost! He'd have to meet up with that person some other time… He was sure that they would understand his situation. Now, he just cared about finding some sort of shelter for the night, no matter who it was with or where it was. Gorou blinked as he saw some sort of warm light in the distance. His tail wagged a little, portraying his hopefulness as he began hurrying towards the light, hoping to find someone, or something there.

There sat, the one and oni, Arataki Itto, next to a campfire. There were a couple of big logs set around a campfire in a circle. He seemed to have a young boy with him, and they seemed to be conversing over some food and drinks. Gorou blinked as he looked at them, unsure. Would he be bothering him..? He had only had brief encounters with the man in the past, but he didn't seem to be all that rude or unkind… so it should be fine. People told of oni's to be scary, but most of the stories he had heard about Itto were just lighthearted tales.

Gorou walked over to the campfire, calling over to Itto hopefully. Itto then looked up towards the sound, smiling and waving happily to the man.
"Hellllllo! What're you doing here so late at night? Are you alright?"
Itto asked him, bearing a somewhat worried and confused expression on his face.

Gorou just smiled in embarrassment as he began to explain the predicament he was currently in.
"Well, I intended to head back to the city tonight, but I left Watatsumi Island a biiit too late, and I'd prefer not to head back in total darkness, as, y'know, it could be dangerous n' stuff… Would you mind if I stayed here with you tonight?"
Gorou asked with a rather embarrassed, pitiful expression.

Itto blinked in slight surprised but nodded, shrugging a little as he did so.
"Yeah man, of course! We were just finishing up our campfire spooky stories to go to bed now. Weren't we, hm?"
Itto asked the boy next to him with a chuckle, who nodded happily.

Gorou dipped his head as a thank you to the friendly oni.
"Thank you so much- I really appreciate this, I'll repay you somehow, I'm sure of it."
Gorou spilled out his words as he was overjoyed, grateful for the generosity of Itto.

Itto just smiled as he picked up the boy, bringing him over to one of the tents and going inside with him. Gorou waited outside quietly, ears up. He presumed that Itto would be putting the boy to sleep, so he wouldn't disturb them. He sat down on one of the logs, tail wagging as he enjoyed the warmth of the fire infront for him, basking in it. It was pretty cold, and walking for so long didn't help all that much and made him pretty exhausted, so the warmth was very comforting and relaxing for him.

After a while of waiting, Itto came back out of the boy's tent with a neutral, yet slightly happy expression. He walked over to Gorou, sitting himself down next to him casually.
"Please don't worry too much about repaying me, man. There's enough room in my tent for us both so it's really no trouble. The company is nice, too!"
Itto went on.

Gorou just sat and looked up at him with round, curious eyes. He admired Itto a lot, but he looked even better close up. He was somewhat jealous of the man's phisique, but it wasn't something he'd ever admit. He was also jealous of how happy and caring Itto was, and how trusting he was. He always had to have his guard up, being an army general and all... He wondered what it would feel like to be so carefree. Itto caught Gorou staring as he was spacing out, and raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Whatcha starin' at?"
Itto asked him, lightly flicking him on the shoulder. Gorou just shook his head, waving his hands a little
"A-Ah, it's really nothing! I just wanted to thank you again- Yeah!"
Gorou spluttered out with a not so confident smile.

Itto gave that good ol' familiar, toothy grin. He slung an arm around Gorou and gave him a big squeeze!
"Like I said, don't mention it! The one and oni Itto is always willing to lend a helping hand to any and all of his friends in need!"
Itto boasted happily, kicking his legs a little as he gave his little speech.

Gorou just gave an embarrassed smile. How did he end up with such an amazing and caring, yet so incredibly dumb friend? Who cares, he loves him. That's all that matters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg hi! I hope y'all like this, I know it isn't that long and not much happened but this is honestly just practice and I wanted it to be cute and sweet aaaa- I hope you guys leave suggestions and requests in the part before this! I have no ideas for what to do next so- Yee :D