Two

Christmas passed and today was the 2nd of January.

Makoto was still getting sick but it was only in the mornings as soon as he woke up. The doctor said she would contact him as soon as the results came back but it's been a week and a half since then. Makoto was pushing the hang out date with Haruka until just before he was going to leave.

Makoto walked downstairs to find his mother and father sitting at the dining table, his father looked surprised and speechless at the sight of him. The young man walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water and asked his parents, "Is something wrong?"

"Sweetie-" His mother started but his father interrupted, "I will be here. No matter what."

Makoto was confused of the situation. Was he talking about the supposed pregnancy? "What do you mean?"

His mother answered, "I told him everything, Mako. And we're both here for you if anything happens." "O-okay..." Makoto mumbled and got something small to eat.

"Are you going to see Haruka today?" "Yeah." He looked at his mother and she was just standing up, "I think you should tell him what's happening. He's probably worried about you." "I guess I should."

The doorbell rang and Makoto's mother chirped, "I'll get it." She walked to the door and there were muffled voices. Nagisa skipped into the house and noticed Makoto then quickly ran up to him, giving him a bear hug, "Mako-chan! I missed you! You didn't answer my texts?"

The snow on his jacket made Makoto instantly cold. Haruka stood by the dining table and Makoto pushed Nagisa off. "Haru." Makoto smiled at him and he smiled back. He couldn't of been any happier to see his bestfriend.

"Where's Rei?" The tall boy questioned. Nagisa ruffled his blonde hair and answered, "He said he's busy today." Nagisa's attention went elsewhere and Makoto walked over to the front door and he put on his shoes.

Had Haruka already noticed the unsteadiness in Makoto's voice?

He looked at his mum and she smiled saying, "Have a good time, boys." She looked at Makoto and winked slightly at him. Makoto put on a scarf and they all walked outside.

Nagisa asks, "Mako-chan? Why didn't you come see us at Christmas?" He scratched the back of his head and his laugh was uneasy, "Sorry. I wasn't feeling very well." Haruka glanced at Makoto and knew something was going on.

They walked along the beach having their regular conversations. It was silent for the moments they drank warm tea.

Haruka sighed, "Makoto, what's going on?" The green-haired boy glanced at Haruka and smiled, "I guess I can't hide it from you forever." Nagisa makes a slight sound of confusion.

"It's a bit of a long story." He told them everything from start to finish as best he could. Haruka didn't seem phased but Nagisa was a bit shocked. Makoto was quiet after that and Haruka silently understood.

The grey sky was turning dark and distant so Nagisa headed home. Haruka went home with Makoto in silence. As they were taking off their shoes at the front door, Makoto's mother sped-walked to them in excitement. "Mako! Great news! It was a positive, you're pregnant!"

He froze in that space then sighed, "That's great." He mentally rolled his eyes and took off his jacket. She giggled and said, "Oh, Haruka, you should stay for dinner." Makoto looked at him and he nodded once, "Sure."

Every time Makoto talked, it made him feel awkward. He couldn't look at Haruka properly. How could he be so calm about all this?