38

I was silent the whole car ride back home. Hoseok had the music down low as he drove. He hadn't said anything either since we left sanas house.

The whole scene just kept replaying in my head.

"Your her father.."
I blinked a couple times and asked her to repeat it.
"Hoseok isnt her father.."
My mind was definitely playing tricks on me.
Sana looked at hoseok and shook her head and tears started to fall down her cheeks.

Was she hoping that he was the father? I didn't want the results to say he was the father but thinking about it Reddy is unfit and a horrible person. Definitely not stable enough to take care of a child.

I still wasnt able to read Hoseok reaction. Maybe if i asked him how he felt...

" What are you thinking about right now?" He beat me to it.

"If anything were to happen to sana.."

"We are going to take Aera. Aint no thinking about it." He looked serious when he said it and eyes still on the road.

"Are you going to tell Reddy?"

"Why in the hell would i do that lyric? Its best that he never knows. You see the way he treated you.." he looked over at me with a sad look in his eyes then turned his attention back to the road.

"Shes too young right now to know the truth anyway." He said.

I nodded agreeing.

"So how do you feel?" I asked nervously.

He sighed. "I already had a feeling that she wasnt mine. Reddy kept telling you that she was so in love with me but in reality they were close also. He loved her. Most of the times I wrapped up, reddy on the other hand wasnt. Like ever. So to answer your question it wasnt a surprise but she already has a place in my heart. No matter , blood or not."

I really couldnt be upset at his response. Aera was innocent. She had did nothing wrong. The only one to truly be blamed was her reckless parents back then.

                                 •••

The next couple of weeks I spent growing a bond with Aera. She was the brightest and smartest kid ive ever met. Call me dumb but i also grew a friendship with sana as well.

She didn't once try to come onto Hoseok. I knew her intentions were well. She even let us take Aera some days to get her rest. She was a handful for her. I didn't understand why she gave her mother a hard time though.

It made me think of younger me when i would always give my mother a hard time. So i would remind Aera that you only get one mother and to behave and be a good girl for her.

I didn't want her to regret treating her mother so poorly when she got older. God forbid anything happens to sana i just want her to know that a mothers love is unconditional.

Today was the day of my graduation and April and Tiff were throwing a party at the club. Jin closed it off for a private event only.

Walking inside i seen decorations and a big ass screen with just pictures of me. You couldve sworn it was my birthday or something.

(Graduation fit)