II - The Spirit Tree

As the day turns to night, Ori settles down near the entrance of the cave, keeping watch over the other spirit as they sleep. He knows that they still have a long way to go, and that there are challenges ahead, but he is determined to persevere. He stares into the darkness of the forest, his mind filled with thoughts of what lies ahead.

Finally, Ori decides it's time to rest, so he makes his way to his hammock and settles in for some much-needed sleep.

A new day soon arose, the first one awake was nonother than Ori. He sits up and lets a big yawn escape his mouth. He then gets on the floor doing a few stretches to make himself feel better. 

The first thing he does is check upon the other spirit who had woken up yesterday, but late at night. Ori then decided to go for a morning swing with his newly found ability he had been practicing for the past 3 weeks. 

Ori swung with a sense of excitement through the forest. He effortlessly navigated the dense foliage, moving from branch to branch with grace. Along the way, he kept a keen eye out for essential supplies, knowing that they were crucial for their survival in this now unfamiliar and dangerous environment.

After a while of swinging, Ori made his way back to the cave and discovered that the other spirit had just woken up. Approaching them with a gentle smile, Ori asked, "Hey, how are you feeling today?"

"Eh... better than yesterday," the spirit replied, sounding weak but grateful. "I didn't get the chance to ask, but... who are you?"

"I'm Ori," he introduced himself, his gentle smile widening. "And may I ask who you are?"

"I'm Sein, supposedly the eye of the forest, but now... I'm not," they replied, rubbing their eye wearily.

Ori listened with a soft voice as Sein explained, "So... Sein, do you remember what happened to the forest?" But Sein shook their head, unable to recall.

"I... don't fully know," Sein said, their voice filled with uncertainty. "I do know we were attacked..." Ori looked at them with sympathy, understanding the weight of the situation.

"Ori, can I... can you help me get back to the Spirit tree?" Sein asked, their voice filled with hope. Ori looked at them, nodding his head. "Of course, although I have no idea how to get there," he admitted with a sheepish smile.

"Heh, it's fine. We'll figure it out," Sein reassured Ori. "Oh, by the way, if you didn't know, a spirit can heal themselves quickly in a spirit well."

Ori blinked a few times, taken aback by the new information. "Eh- say what now?" he exclaimed. Sein giggled softly. "H-hey, I wasn't informed about any of this-"

Sein cut Ori off, their expression gentle. "It's fine, Ori. I know your origin story... I witnessed it all happen." Ori looked at Sein with curiosity, realizing that there was much more to learn about this mysterious spirit who had crossed paths with him. With Sein's guidance, they set off on their journey.

"Wait, you were the eye of the Spirit tree? And you witnessed my origin?" Ori asked, his voice filled with confusion.

"Yeah, usually I am just a floating blue energy orb on top of the Spirit tree. I take care of the light flowing throughout the forest," Sein explained. "So, I witnessed you being blown away from the Spirit tree."

Ori was left in shock. "Blown away? Wait, that means I am not Naru's child... Of course not, I'm a creature of light... Wait, my brain hurts," Ori rubbed his head in confusion, overwhelmed by the influx of information.

"Ori, you're quite a handful, aren't you?" Sein chuckled, amused by Ori's bewildered reactions.

"Well... I wasn't exactly expecting my origin story to begin with being blown away from the Spirit tree," Ori said, scratching his head.