chapter 30 "bill and coo like a cockatoo"

his mom's invitation came to mind now that the movie was finished, the cast of characters and the entire team's names began rolling across the screen, giving credit the people behind 'trolls

his mom's invitation came to mind now that the movie was finished, the cast of characters and the entire team's names began rolling across the screen, giving credit the people behind 'trolls.'

seeing a much happier myeong now, he decided to invite her to the resort his mother had mentioned the other day; after all, he doesn't want to feel out of place, especially since it will be an outing with his mom's friends, including much older adults. 

"hey, do you mind accompanying me like— tomorrow?" he asked, tapping myeong's dimpled cheek. "my mom wants me to join them so that i will not feel lonely this break and mostly so that i could have fun and relax, i could tag you along! you should go, it will be more fun when you're there with me, let's go swimming!"

"oh, i'm down!" she replied sluggishly. 

"besides, i don't have anything to do back at my dorm." 

they had been billing and cooing early in the movie while pausing parts of it, and it was an adoringly shared moment. haechan was very charming to her, murmuring sweet nothings like lovers do. they got so carried away that they began quietly kissing and caressing each other under the covers. but were they considered lovers enough to do those things?

"hey, hyuck-"

"hmmm", he muttered gently as he was busy braiding sections of her hair.

"what exactly are we?"

"honestly?" ,"what do you want us to be my dearest?"

"u-uhh, i don't k-know", she replied truthfully.

"you're stuttering again mong, don't be so nervous around me hmm?"

"let me in you on a little secret—

you know, those kisses mean everything to me; you're my first kiss myeong, and i'd like to share my last with you, but only if you want to," haechan whispered the last part.

sure, dohee, his parents, and even noomi had all showered him with affection; but the idea of receiving love from a romantic partner stirred excitement in him. he yearned for the tender affection that accompanies being in love, eagerly anticipating the opportunity to indulge his significant other with lavish gifts and adoration. finally, the chance to confess his feelings for his first love, myeong, had presented itself. from the moment he laid eyes on the short-haired maiden, he knew that he had been struck by cupid's arrow. his heart was consumed by a passionate desire to illuminate every path she walked, to transform the once-lonesome road she trod into a vibrant garden where blossoms thrived.

myeong, on one hand, couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the rollercoaster of emotions following his heartfelt confession; she had just been crying earlier, and now she's crying again, but for a different reason: so this is how it feels.

"hey, oh my, you're such a crybaby, my crybaby," haechan kissed the crown of her head.

taking a deep breath, he began singing with his own unique tone, demonstrating remarkable control over his voice, letting his feelings known through a song, "it's the end of this dark night

you're gradually fading and getting farther away
now i'm aware of that shining time back then
i am trapped in the darkness where you vanished
left alone for days

my heart is constantly ringing
the echo of my heart is heading towards you, yeah
i stretch my hand out, beyond the blurry time
i want to hold you in my arms"

"oh, but i know, already
i am the one that is too late
your breathing sound is lingering everywhere around me
the night is filled with echoes that come in waves
in this moment, i am calling out for you", myeong continued.

haechan was surprised that myeong knew about this song, but what impressed him the most was her singing voice; she didn't stammer once when singing those verses. he understood it all too well, she felt the same way to him.

i want you to love me now (i want you to love me now)
i want you to love me now (yeah, yeah, yeah)
i shout and call out for you, "love me now"
come love me now, oh

the harmony produced by their union resembled a tender caress of wind, that carried with it a message beyond the limitations of mere words. though imperceptible to the naked eye, the heart felt the depth of their connection. "perchance, may i?" he inquired, caressing her face with a gentle touch. myeong assented, drawing near to his own lips, indulging in the intoxicating essence of their love once more. 

her lips tasted like sweet cherries with a hint of citrus,

haechan fell down the pile of blankets, pulling myeong together with him. myeong was currently on top of him but that didn't last long as haechan rolled over, switching places with myeong who's now under him. "you look so beautiful like this", he leaned down and connected his lips with hers once again. he couldn't get enough of her cherry lips, diving yet again to claim her.

he had his forehead pressed against her, panting, as they were almost out of breath from kissing so long.

"i think i like you too, hyuck."