Second Chance 🥀

Warning: Contains mature stuff and Violence          

       Awful silence prevailed in the surroundings except for the creepy echo of bats at sharp 12 a.m.

         "Ha Ha! Fooolishhh pweeple. Erth quake iss sshhak-ing the builtings. B-ut aaallll are sweeping." He chuckled, as he walked unsteadily with the world's costliest alcohol bottle in his hand. (Ha Ha! Foolish people. Earthquake is shaking the buildings. But all are sleeping.)

         He was drunk till his neck yet that alcohol didn't leave much effect on him except to disturb his brain system. Watchmen of the apartment cursed him like always and went back to their sleep.

          "He is the famous businessman Sumedh Mudgalkar, right?" A newly joined watchman asked one of his co-watchmen.

          He nodded his head.

         "What did happen to him? Why does he behave like a drunkard?" He was curious to know something, which was hidden from the outer world.

        "That-" Before he could continue, there was a loud sound, as if some weight had been thrown to the ground from the sky. He sighed, thinking that Sumedh had fallen like always and went out of his cabin to take him to his apartment like always. A new watchman followed him as well.

         "This man!" He huffed, seeing Sumedh who was unconscious as expected. They both moved to pick up him but stopped in their tracks to see a dead body lying near Sumedh, all naked and to their utmost shock, its genital part was cut down.

          Sweat beads formed over their forehead and soon covered their body, making them numb at their place.

          "Yes, Sir!"

         "We had sent the body to postmortem, Sir."

         "No, Sir. The victim didn't have any enmity. We had inquired about his parent and his office staff along with his apartment members. But the only thing they point out is his younger brother, Sumedh Mudgalkar. In one fight, he gave him a death threat and after that incident, Sumedh Mudgalkar didn't share a good relationship with either his family or anyone else. It was hidden from the outer world due to his family's reputation and he survived as a businessman yet. But he had become drunkard before a month itself." Inspector Vijay Shekhawat talked to his higher official on the phone call.

         Since Sumedh's brother, Vivaan Mudgalkar was a politician, it became a sensitive issue in Mumbai city overnight. And the possibility of being killed by his brother gave a different angle to this crime.