Chapter 1: Draft Day

The 2022 NFL draft was set to approach. Many prospects were going to wait if their name was going to be called on that board. One of them was Y/N Taylor, considered one of the best FS in this year's draft. Many scouts and teams had their eyes on Y/N as he easily had some of the best film and stats for his position. Of course he was also the most scrutinized player in the draft for mainly one reason: the legendary last name he carried. Taylor had so much meaning in the NFL world Y/N was the son of the greatest safety to play in the NFL. His father was a superbowl champ 2x DPOY and 8x Pro Bowler along with the NFLs all time leader in forced fumbles. He was the name to watch this year. Y/N however was going to fall in the draft due to the fact of his attitude on the field as he was ejected from 4 games including a bowl game. The main question of the media is can his on the field attitude stay in check for NFL standards. The Tv then got turned off.

Y/N: " Hey I was watching that" he said looking back at who turned it off.

Sean:" You don't need to watch, they also said a bunch of the same stuff about me around the draft. It's all noise don't worry" he said to Y/N looking at him with the dad look of ''you know i'm right.

Y/N looked at him and nodded his head before walking out to the back yard as this was where his draft party was going to be. It was all set up with balloons and other party things and favors. He didn't set this up of course it was all his mom and girlfriend Sofia.

Sofia was beautiful by many standards not just for her body she was smart, funny and light hearted. The future nurse was the daughter of NFL legend Tony Gonzales. Both her and Y/N met in their nutrition class freshman year. Within 2 months of meeting they were dating and it has been like that for 3 years now. Both families approved of their relationship when they first met. Their relationship was great but the pressing issue from each side is now grandbabies. It's mostly from Y/N mom as she loves babies.

Y/N:" Mom you're still not done decorating?" he said to her.

Jackie:'' No, everything has to be perfect for my baby's biggest day yet." she said putting up balloons

Y/N:'' Mom it's kinda overkill you have been preparing since March '' he said to her.

Sofia:" I gotta agree plus couldn't you just hire someone to help you plan?" she said to her.

Jackie:" Nope I gotta do it myself" she said finishing putting up the banner that read TAYLOR DRAFT PARTY 2.0

Sean just watched from inside the glass door shaking his head before walking to find his daughter.

Sean:'' Jackie you should hurry up and get dressed, your grandparents along with your aunts and uncles are going to be here soon" he said outside her door.

Jackie:" I will be ready in a minute!" she yelled from her room.

She then came out wearing her brother Miami Hurricanes number 1 jersey.

Sean:" Hey show me the love where 26 at" he said laughing.

Not even 45 minutes later their house was filled up with guests, mostly members of the Taylor family.  Including his uncle Gabe who he had the closet bond with even if Y/N is older than him. He also had a great relationship with his grandpa Pete who helped train him in football mostly at the peewee level.

Y/N was in his old room looking at a picture of him and his father when he was still playing in the NFL as Sofia walked in.

Y/N:" Hey" he said looking up at her as she sat next to him.

Sofia:" Hey, Nervous at all?" she said looking him dead in the eyes.

Y/N:" Of course I am, it's the biggest day of my life right now" he said to her holding her hand.

Sofia:" No matter what I'm with you all the way" she said.

Y/N:" Always" he said

Sofia:" Always" she said as he gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

They both left the room and headed outside back to the small party. The Draft wasn't set to begin for another hour. But Y/N still had everything ready, his second phone and all the hats.

5 Minutes from where the event would start that would make his life change as he sat outside next to his girlfriend on the couch. She was looking through instagram on her phone before she lifted her phone up to take a pic with Y/N as he kissed her on the check when she snapped the photo and posted it on her story with the text read " bae is ready".

The draft had now officially started with the Jacksonville Jaguars having the first pick.

Roger Godell:" With the first pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Evan Neal OT Alabama '' he said, holding the card in his hand.

Y/N knew in his head he wasn't going in the top 5 he was worried after that where he would land.

7 more picks went by he wasn't selected but 2 other DBs were Kyle Hamilton and Derrick Stingley Jr. He was upset knowing he was better than them but he wouldn't let it get to him. He did get a text on his phone from Sauce Garner as they both became friends over last season. " This shxt sucks" the text read from Sauce " it blows just watching no phone rings or anything" Y/N texted back.

One pick later Y/N phone rang it was a read code he did recognize 310 the area code for Maryland there was only one team he knew could take him in this spot the Washington Commanders. Y/N got up from the couch and walked away as his dad slowly followed him into the house.

Y/N:'' Hello?" he said through the phone.

???:'' Hello this is Ron Rivera with the Washington Commanders this is Y/N Taylor right?" he said through the phone.

Y/N:" Yes sir this Y/N you're speaking with" he said as his heart began to beat faster.

Ron:" Well we are going to take with our next pick" he said

Y/N:" Thank you coach" he said through the phone before he hung up.

Y/N dad then came from around the corner.

Sean:" I heard the whole phone call I always knew we would end up back there don't say anything just walk back and sit down" he said to him

Y/N did exactly what he was told, didn't grab a hat and took a seat right next to Sofia.

Sofia:" Hey what was that?" she asked.

Y/N:'' I had to run to the bathroom right quick" she gave him a skeptical look before it clicked in her head.

The commissioner had come back on as he was going to announce the next pick for the Commanders.

Roger Godell:" With the 11th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the Washington Commanders select Y/N Taylor FS Miami '' he said as his whole family erupted in cheers as he put on the draft hat.

They played some of his college highlights before they showed his family celebration on the TV.

He was so happy that he was finally going to live his dream as a little kid of being a NFL player now it was true.

3 picks later his friend Sauce was picked by the Baltimore Ravens. He facetime his friends as they were both just cheering wearing their draft hats so happy.

Sofia:" My dad says he is happy for you" she said looking up from her phone.

Y/N:" Tell him I said thanks for the support" he said back to her.

His sister then came behind him and gave him a hug.

Jackie:" I'm so proud of you big bro" she said, beaming a massive smile.

Y/N:" Thanks so much" he said before walking over and giving his grandparents a hug as his Grandpa Pete cried tears of joy. He was so happy for the little boy he once knew to live out his dreams.

The first round of the NFL draft was over 32 players who had new homes on different teams and their lives would change. Y/N was ready for the next challenge that awaits him the NFL