10

The Sports Festival was fast approaching, and Sana and Bakugou used most of their spare time studying and working on their technique

The Sports Festival was fast approaching, and Sana and Bakugou used most of their spare time studying and working on their technique. If she wasn't with the explosive blonde, she could be found in the weight room with Kirishima, doing yoga with Mina, or on morning jogs with Shinso... but only if she and the lavender-haired boy hadn't stayed up all night texting (which was almost every night thanks to his insomnia). Not that she minded. That's what friends are for.

"Fuck off already!" Bakugou held his hands out threateningly towards Sero and Denki, who'd been pestering the blonde for the last half hour for the hell of it.

"Face it, dude. You're stuck with us," Denki threw an arm over the ash blonde's shoulder.

"Yeah," Mina chimed in, twirling her short hair with one hand, her fingers a blur as she typed something on her phone with the other. "So suck it up, buttercup."

Sana reached across the table to poke his surprisingly squishy cheek. "Turn that frown upside down-" she retracted her hand just before Bakugou moved to bite it. She laughed. Over his shoulder, she spotted the back of Shoto's head.

She and the youngest Todoroki hadn't spoken since the day of the USJ attack, but not from lack of trying on her part. He'd successfully avoided her each time, to the point that she'd shown up to his house to ambush him. Fuyumi had answered the door with an angelic smile, though her gray eyes carried the same deep sadness that plagued every Todoroki child. She'd reluctantly admitted that yes, Shoto was home, but he'd asked not to be disturbed. She'd almost pushed past the older girl and forced her way into the house, demanding the boy face her himself.

Instead, she'd apologized to Fuyumi for showing up so unexpectedly and sprinted home with tear-stained cheeks. Her hope for repairing their relationship was dwindling with each passing day.

"I wanna try something new." Sana suggested once Bakugou had joined her in their usual spot. The clearing was open, spacious, and secluded, which made it the perfect place to beat each other up in public. But that wasn't what she had in mind today.

"Give me your hand."

"Huh?" Bakugou flinched, his expression contorted. "The hell are you saying?"

Sana rolled her eyes, her arm still extended towards him. "I want to experiment with our quirks." She calmly explained. "I think we can make each other stronger."

"I'm already strong, dumbass." the blonde puffed out his chest. "It's your shitty quirk that needs help."

The sunset-haired girl shot him a deadpan look worthy of Mr. Aizawa. "Humor me," she insisted, wiggling her fingers impatiently.