55: Keep Up

Sanyu's first time waking up in the Endeavor agency dorms was an interesting experience.

These days Sanyu was used to hearing the chatter of Tao and Keigo in the kitchen. He was used to having Bunny and Captain around too. They both slept in his room, sometimes both on his bed.

Captain had a play pen that was supposed to be his house. It was in the living room. But honestly he kicked up such a fuss when they closed the door, even if he was already inside, that they let him just go where he wanted in the penthouse. They did have to get cable covers after they lost three chargers to the tiny bunny though.

But part of interning under Endeavor was staying in the dorms where pets weren't allowed.

Sanyu groaned as he stared out the window onto the city below. They were only two days into training and he missed home already.

Mindlessly he picked up the phone beside him on the bed, realizing once he opened it that it was his old burner phone, not his new one. He scrolled through a few things and ended up in the contacts list.

His finger hovered over Jackson's contact. He knew from seeing Tao try that it wouldn't work. Although tech from their world worked here it never got a wifi signal or was able to connect to networks. You couldn't even use emergency numbers.

Regardless, Sanyu clicked the number and held the phone up to his ear. It rang three times before just disconnecting when the phone realized it was unable to actually connect to anything. He breathed out a sigh.

He had a bad feeling about what happened yesterday. He hadn't been able to get his hands on a copy of the book Keigo had given Endeavor and he couldn't very well ask him what was up over text. Someone could see the exchange. It had to be untraceable.

He'd be better off contacting him through Tao.

Sighing again Sanyu got ready for the day.

-------- --------- ---------- --------- ---------- --------- -------- ----------- ---------

"Your challenge will be to apprehend a villain before me at least once." Endeavor announced.

"That'll be easy, you're an old man." Bakugou spat out. Endeavor leveled him with a glare.

"I'm not here to argue or feed into your petty argument. I actually have a question for each of you." The number one said, "What is it you want to gain here? What do you wish to improve? What do you want?".

Huh.

Somehow Sanyu hadn't thought about that before.

"Midoriya, you start." Endeavor ordered gruffly. The green haired teen immediately launched into a speech about black whip and airforce and full cowling and Sanyu wondered how he remembered what he named all of those things.

He remembered when they were learning ultimate moves. Everyone was asking him why he didn't have any, why he never made any. He didn't really need them. He just...blasted stuff with energy. It was what it was.

But when they went through 'press training' with Mt Lady she had said calling out ultimate moves was a good intimidation tactic and made the public feel safe.

"You're very self aware." Endeavor said. Sanyu was shocked he had managed to pay attention to Izuku's ramblings for so long. Hell, Sanyu was one of his closest friends and he couldn't.

"Ignore black whip for now. You must first make the rest of your power work like second nature. Next.".

"I'm not lacking anything." Bakugou said simply. The sidekicks and Midoriya were shocked at his audacity, but honestly Sanyu didn't disagree with Bakugou about that. If you took away his attitude he could attack, defend, fly, there wasn't a thing that came to mind that his explosions couldn't do.