episode 23 married

Start from the beginning

Pandit ji: kanyadaan ke liye joda chahiye beta ( for kanyadaan you need a couple child )

"Avi , riddhi ao na ..." (Avi riddhi come na ) You called them " but y/n-ah they are not a couple" said Varun in between " oh they did not tell you ? ... They are dating for now nearly 3 years .... " As soon as you said this reiddhi and avi both faces were red like roses " i will deal with you two later let the wedding get over first ...!" Said vishank and Varun at same time and you giggled ......

Kanyadaan is a Sanskrit word which literally means 'giving away the daughter'

Kanyadaan is a Sanskrit word which literally means 'giving away the daughter'. And as the meaning suggests it is the tradition or ritual in which parents give away their daughter to the groom. The symbolism is deep-rooted in the belief of those of the Hindu community.

The ritual of kanyadaan takes place after the Varmala (exchanging of garlands). During the ritual, the father of the bride takes her right hand and places it in the groom's right hand.

After that, the mother of the bride pours sacred water on the palm of the father (of the bride), which flows through the daughter's and the groom's hand eventually. Mantras are chanted by the Pandit Ji throughout the procedure.

This is the standard method of doing the kanyadaan. But keeping in mind the diversity of people in India, there are certain diversions to the method as well. Sometimes, coconut or other things like betel leaf, rice, etc. are kept in the bride's hand (followed by the groom's) and water or milk is poured over it.

Every community has their own way of doing it, but the essence behind it remains the same for all. The emotion and feeling of that moment are similar for every parent giving away their daughter during the kanyadaan.

But in your case it was a brother and his patner giving away his sister to a person who they know will always take care of her

And then the wedding continues. A Hindu Indian wedding involves long and meaningful rituals that take place during the ceremony. Right after the kanyadaan, the sister of the groom ties the end of the bride's Dupatta to that of her brother's scarf. After that, other rituals like Pheras, application of Sindoor.....

Pandit ji : phero ke liye uthiye ....(stand up for the phere )

(stand up for the phere )