Chapter 10

{A/n: Hey everyone Roach here with another chapter! DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own RWBY!}

*Menagerie*

It was now time for the peace talks between Menagerie, America and Canada. The city center of Menagerie was crowded with Faunus and some news reporters from Earth to document this occasion. The American and Canadian Army techs had set up antennas and other systems so the other kingdoms could view the ceremony as well. Everything was going according to the plan. The President of the Unites States and the Prime Minister of Canada have been escorted to Menagerie safely and had shook hands with Ghira and Kali Belladonna. However there was another group at the meeting as well. Fennec Albain and his brother Corsac Albain were there as well with about 10 White Fang members with Illia being one of them and said they'd like to join. Ghira and Kali looked at each other a bit nervously but the President and Prime Minister said they were okay with it so they joined. Currently Fennec and Corsac were speaking on the prospect of peace with Earth. "These..... 'Humans' from Earth are the same as the humans here! They will never give us the equality we deserve!" Fennec said to the crowd of faunus. "Yes! We Faunus and the humans can never live in peace together and they will never give us equality!" Corsac said and the the crowd had a mix reaction some seemed a bit hesitant to decide while a good majority had seemed to agree with them. However then the President of the United States started speaking.  The President of the United States was a decently tall man at about 5 feet 11 inches tall(155cm) and has black hair and brown eyes and was of African descent. He was dressed in a suit with an american flag pin on his left breast. His name is President Abraham Ibrahim. He is a second generation native born American and his grand parents had moved to America from Africa in the 80s. 

President Ibrahim took a sip of the tea Kali had given him and placed his cup down before looking at the two White Fang leaders. "I do agree with you! Humans can be hateful and quite racist. I had to deal with that a bit growing up in America." President Ibrahim said and Corsac huffed. "As if a human can be a victim of racism!" Corsac said with his arms crossed. "Oh humans can! Where we come from Humans are the only race so we find ways to hate each other. Racism in our world could be because your skin is a different color from someone elses or because your from a different country or even because you choose to believe something different!" President Ibrahim said and a lot of the Faunus who were agreeing with Fennec and Corsac were now staring at the President listening to his words. "It's true! We humans are imperfect creatures and that's one of the things we humans from Earth know to accept! We have had a ton of blood shed in our history but in this modern age we try to be more peaceful! However I know this is very difficult as you cannot completely quell the evil in people's hearts, but you can make avenues for people to make themselves better people and give good people a place to call home." President Ibrahim said. Aria who was on the stage with everyone as a security guard against grimm was at a loss of words hearing President Ibrahim's words and wound up speaking up without thinking. "But weren't people of your race treated as slaves in the past? Why would you go through so much just to do that for a group who treated your people so bad!" Aria said.

Aria realized what she did and before the President could respond she immediately bowed apologetically. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to speak up!" She said her face red from embarrassment. President Ibrahim laughed. "It's alright! As for your question though! Everything you said happened in the past yes! However to continue to dwell on it and feel anger from it will only lead to more hatred and aggression! By accepting that yes this happened in the past we can use it as a way to build a better future! It's only through cooperation between everyone can a truly great anything be created!" President Ibrahim said and everyone in the crowd started murmuring and talking to each other. The Faunus of Menagerie were now turning their views away from what the Albain brothers just said and were now siding with the president. "Hmph! As if you can change hatred!" Fennec said and Ibrahim nodded and pulled out a piece of paper. "You're right! I can't! However I can give Faunus the right to live in America as equals to her people!" He said and everyone looked at him surprised. "Wait! What doe you mean by that?" Ghira asked and President Ibrahim smiled and unfolded the paper. "This is a new bill I put through Congress recently. It states that any and all residents of Remnant are eligible to acquire a green card and live in the US. It even states that they are eligible to become US citizens!" Ibrahim replied. Ghira looked surprised by this and so did Aria. "As if that means anything!" Fennec said. "No! You're wrong Fennec! This is huge! As in America any citizen born on American soil is able to become President. Meaning that if a Faunus were to be born there they could become President!" Aria said shocking everyone in the crowd. "Not only that any one here who becomes an American citizen can become a US Senator if they're an American citizen for 9 years or more!" She added.

Fennec and Corsac still didn't seem impressed by this and seemed more annoyed that the Faunus of Menagerie were now in favor of the peace. "I honestly don't think this peace is going to-" Fennec started started to say but Illia cut him off by speaking up. "Would you shut up already!? Here we are getting equality and everything we White Fang have been asking for since the White Fang was created by Chieftain Belladonna and you two are sitting here stewing in your own hatred! If this is how the leaders of the White Fang are going to act when we're getting everything we wanted then I don't want to be apart of them!" Illia said taking her mask off before throwing it to the ground breaking it. She then walked over and stood beside Aria. "I agree with Illia!" Another said taking their mask off and throwing it to the ground as well and went to where Illia and Aria were. This trend continued until only 1 member of the White Fang out of the 10 that arrived with Corsac and Fennec remianed. After this Fennec and Corsac just left with the only one that remained and the peace talks continued smoothly after that. Ghira signed the peace treaty with them and everyone in the crowd seemed to be happy about it.

{And done with another chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Until the next update!}