part 14

With everyone in the castle asleep or being very quiet, those few night time guards outside every hallway in case of a break in or emergency, the castle was silent. Dead silence fell through the whole place, as a whisper here and there was heard from maids finishing their work before heading to sleep.

Tommy was one of the people who couldn't sleep that night. He stayed in his room, until the candle died out and he was left in darkness, only an occasional light coming from the lightning of the storm that raged outside his window. He sat laying on his bed foe a while trying to sleep, but he just couldn't drift off.

Out side, in the town beyond the castle walls he could hear the local bells ring the time.
From Midnight to One, then two, and then three. He watched the storm outside rage on, as the thunder and lighting kept him up. He never could sleep during storms. When the clock struck four times, signalling it was four in the morning the young blonde decided to just get up for the morning. He wasn't tired or anything, and just stood up and walked out of his room silently. He walked down a few doors to Wilbur's, and opened it.

He didn't want to wake him or anything, and so he softly shut the wooden door behind him. As he turned around he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, as he looked forward to see a figure in the window, on the balcony outside. Without hesitation or delay, he took the small knife in his shoulder and threw it back to the direction it came. A small groan was heard as the figure jumped back down, from the edge of the balcony. Tommy ran to the windows, and looked over. There was no-one there, they had gotten away. He sighed, and then turned to the princes bed.

'Will' he thought, as he ran over. He quickly checked for any wounds, thank goodness there wasn't any. But he still had to wake him, as he began to shake him awake. But it wasn't working, and he began to cry. "W-wilby.. P-please" he cried out. "Wake...up" his voice was broken, but he still tried.

Techno wasn’t able to sleep. This wasn’t knew, he often times got too wrapped up in something and couldn’t sleep afterwards. Tonight something generally just felt off, though, so he went on a brief patrol.

The storm had settled down enough by that time, not completely gone, but good enough. He glanced up every once and a while, jut to check the clouds and the sky. It was then he noticed a shape exiting Wilbur’s window. His eyes widened immediately, and he ran back inside.

The general was entering a blind panic as he ran, the rain soaking into his cloak and drenching the floors as he rushed to his prince’s door. This had happened before, where an assassin or mercenary would attempt to kill or kidnap the prince or king.

It had once happened when the prince was still only a boy, when Techno had gone in early to ask if Wilbur wanted to spar only to see a man holding a knife to his neck. Techno had managed to chase him away, but Wilbur did have a faint scar on his collar bone to this day.

Wilbur was delirious when he started to come to, eyes peeking open. “Huh…?” He mumbled, hearing a tearful voice right by him as he was shaken from his slumber. He looked over, a bit shocked to find Tommy. “Toms…? What’re you doing you…?” He asked hoarsely, “isn’t it late- shouldn’t you be in bed…?” He asked, brows crease

Tommy, seeing he had woken up, fell onto Wilbur crying hard. He had thought somehow, even without any wounds, the shadowed figure had hurt Wilbur. His sobs filled the room as he was terrified. He was scared he had failed his job to make sure Wilbur stayed happy and well. Sure, it wasn't his job to protect him, but he still felt the need to.

"S-sorry" he whimpered softly as he turned his head to his master and wiped the never ending tears off his face. He could hear Techno's footsteps out side the door, and knew everything was going to be alright. But still, his fear wouldn't leave.

"He.. I stopped. Him.." he muttered with his broken voice. The voice he never used anymore, the one he hated to deeply. And now, it was showing accent and all. The young teenager was shaking as the wound on his shoulder began to show, his shirt turning a slight shade of red near the point where the knife had hit.

If it hadn't been for his quick reaction, and extreme accuracy with the throw, Who knows what would of happened to the Prince. He couldn't help but feel over joyed Wilbur was alright, he was the first person other than Tubbo, to show love to him, and Tommy didn't want to let him go now. As he clung to him tightly.

Wilbur was incredibly confused why Tommy looked so distraught, opening his mouth to ask when his breath caught in his throat. He was taken aback by the hug, shocked at first as to what was happening. It didn’t take him long to melt into it and hug back, trying to comfort the sobbing boy.

“Hey… hey, it’s ok. What-“ he stopped as soon as Tommy spoke. He never suspected that Tommy had been medically mute, due to both Tubbo’s stories as the two as children and the fact that It would take some serious accident to render one’s vocal cords useless, an accident Tommy never showed signs of being apart of. However, it was still shocking to hear the boy’s voice. He wouldn’t question it, though. He wouldn’t risk Tommy closing up again.

He just hugged the teen tighter, running one hand through his hair. “It’s ok, don’t apologize, you didn’t do anything, just….” He paused, brows furrowing. “What happened, Toms?” He asked softly.

Techno burst in seconds later, panting and soaked with rainwater. “Prince Wilbur, are you al-“ he stopped as he took in the room. He relaxed, tense shoulders sagging. “Thank the gods, I thought-“ he let out a shaky breath, “I thought something bad might have happened…” Wilbur smiled reassuringly at the general.

“No, no, we’re alright….” He paused, looking over at Tommy’s shoulder. His eyes went wide in shock, and he quickly inspected the wound. “Mostly….“