Chapter 3

Drake wasn't kidding about the pain. I cried throughout most of it. Drake was enjoying it pretty well. He was soothing me when I was crying and laughed at me when I invented about 12 new swear words. Kaeli did better than me, her tattoo only being 4 letters long.  We did pretty well, in my opinion. Now we just lounged around the shop. The kids didn't get off school till 3, and we were done by one. Robert pulled out some vodka and shut down the shop. Technically it wasn't legal for me to drink, but raising four kids, alcohol became a neccesity. Its not that they were bad kids, but I'm 19. Most 19 year olds were going to college, and starting their lives. I had my life laid out in front of me when I was 15.

"Ya know, you look way too old to be ninteen," Drake whispers to me from behind.

"Yeah, well I'm Brady's daughter. I gotta lot to live up to, don't I?" We laugh at this.

"Yeah, at least you sleep in a bed and not outside Frankie's Appliances," he says, taking a gulp of his beer.

"Hey, sometime's he comes home! And sometimes he sleeps at the grocery store!" I say, pouring a shot. I gulp it into my mouth.

"I think I like you, Claire. I think I like you a lot," Drake says.

"Well, Drake, I think I like you too. Let's be friends." I say. He laughs and he clicks his beer to my shot glass and we drink to friendship.

***************************************************************************

About an hour later, it was time for me to go get Eve and Mikey from school. Sam takes the bus home.  My mom, or Gemma as I called her, never picked up the kids from school. I say my goodbye's to Robert and Drake. I was shocked to be pulled into a hug by Drake.

"I really do like you, Claire."  That shocked me more than the hug.

"Sorry Drake. I don't do relationships," I said. I pulled from the hug and walked out of the shop, pulling Kaeli behind me.

"I'm not giving up!" Drake said, as I climbed into the car. I smirked and shook my head as I fastened myself in. We drove away and I didn't look back once. With my circumstaces, I wouldn't have time for love.

"Are you crazy!?" Kaeli screamed at me.

"Yes."

"You're so STUPID! That gorgeous man back there wanted you! WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT HIM BACK!?" she screamed.

"One. Kaeli. You broke my ears. That makes me wanna break your face. Two. I don't have time for a guy right now!" I ran my fingers through my hair. " Not until Gemma figures out how to take care of the kids, or Dad straightens up, or the kids get old enough to move out."

"Maybe Drake could help you with the kids! Ever think of that!?"

"I don't need help!" I say as we pull into the school parking lot. " I have everything under control!" I say to her.

"Under control, huh?"

"Yes, I have things under control." I say.

"Then why is the principal walking Mikey out of the school?"

Shit.