chp | seventeen

"So... how did you feel when Jungkook called you sweetheart? Did it feel good?" Christopher asked.

"Jungkook called you, sweetheart?" Hoseok asked, and you nodded. "He did."

'Come to think of it... Jimin's called me sweetheart before. How come it feels different? Is it because Jungkook's the one who called me sweetheart?'

"Pet names already? They're not even your owners yet," Yoongi grumbled.

"What are you being grumpy about? This is so exciting for (y/n)! As far as I know, she doesn't remember being treated this way!" Christopher said. "Tell us more, babe. How does being pet on the head feel?"

"Babe?" Yoongi growled, causing Hoseok to laugh. "Not you being a typical older brother. You have a nickname for (y/n). You call her kitten."

"That's different. I'm the (y/n)'s brother."

"I think Christopher calls (y/n) babe because they're close," Hoseok told him before averting his attention to you.

"I already told you guys, though." You blushed, nervously chewing on your bottom lip. "You did, but you didn't go into depth. We need the details, (y/n)."

"It felt nice, and I felt warm inside, too. The only person I've had physical contact with is you, our friends at the shelter and Gi... I thought it'd be weird for someone else or a human being to touch me, but it didn't! Being pet on the head felt nice."

"Do you think you'll feel the same way you did when Jimin patted your head if I do it?" Hoseok asked, and you shrugged. "Will it not feel the same since you're also human?"

"Maybe, but let's test it out and see. Is it okay if I pat your head? I'll be mindful of your ears." You nodded and slightly looked down, allowing Hoseok to pat your head.

"As soon as you began to feel the gentle pats on your head, you smiled, slowly moving into his touch.

"How does it feel?" He asked. "Good... I feel the same way I felt when Jimin pet my head this morning!" You told him. "Well, kind of."

"I wonder how this would feel to you if one of the other two did it..." Hoseok thought to himself before lowering his hand.

You couldn't help but whine at the loss of contact. "Why'd you stop?" You asked, causing the males to laugh.

"Your potential owners will give you lots of pets later. They'll even scratch your ears if you let them."

You reached for your ears and frowned. "(y/n) doesn't like it when her ears are touched. It's not because they're sensitive but because they've been pulled on." Yoongi explained.

"Only little one can play with her ears. (y/n) only let Sungie."

You got a bit upset at first when one day you were playing with the young hybrid, and he suddenly pulled on your ear.

"Jisung-ah, you shouldn't pull on (y/n)'s ears. She doesn't like it when people do that." The younger's older brother scolded.

"'M sorry, (y/n). I won't do it again," he apologised. "Sorry, (y/n). I let him play with my ears, so I guess he's used to it. I should've told him that not everyone likes to get their ears pulled on,"  Jaemin apologised.

"It's okay... Hey, little one. It's okay. You can play with my ears if you want but be gentle, okay?" You told him, causing him to smile.

"Really? The three-year-old asked, and you nodded. "Of course."

"But Sungie stopped pulling on ears when he turned five. He discovered the ones on his head and found those ears way more interesting," Christoper chuckled.

"Ah. Yoongi likes the base of his ears being scratched, so I thought you too, but that's okay! Did your old owners pull on your ears?"

"Our old owners did," Yoongi told Hoseok. "And so did the owner of the place Jimin got us from. When first came in, she was dragged in by her ears."

"Her human ears or her panther ones, again?" Hoseok asked though he was sure they were talking about the ones on her head.

As weird as it was, hybrids had two ears. Well, four. They had human ears and ears for their animal counterparts that sat on their heads.

"The sensitive ones, aka the panthers one," Christopher responded.

"Anyway, what are you going to do with Jungkook? Jimin told me he'll be picking you up a bit earlier than Jimin does," Yoongi asked.

"Ah, that's right. Chris! Jungkook and his team are going to search the facility. They're going to arrest the owner!" You told him.

"Ah, that's right. Jimin told me a little about it this morning when he called. I'm so happy that another illegal hybrid trafficking business is going down," Hoseok sighed. "Speaking of which, I need to go to work. I have to get some more evidence before the trial in two weeks."

"You work?" You asked, causing him to chuckle. "Yes, (y/n). I work. I just go to the office very often."

"Oh, what do you work as?" Christopher asked. "Me? I'm a lawyer. A hybrid lawyer, to be exact."

"Woah... everyone works with hybrids," you muttered. "Yup. Our entire friend group works with hybrids."

"oh, you have more friends?" You asked, causing Yoongi to frown. "Did Jimin not tell you anything about himself? None of the guys did?"

You shook your head. "They did, but they didn't tell me much about themselves. You told me about their jobs, and they elaborated on it."

"Ah, Park Jimin." Hoseok tsked, shaking his head.

"Hmm. Actually, Jimin did tell me a little about himself while we were shopping. But I still don't know much," you told them.

"I need to talk to those boys. Tsk, I can't believe them," Hoseok muttered. "They work so many hybrids but can't seem to interact with the one they want to adopt."

"Anyway, I'll leave you three to chat. I have money to go and make. If you want anything to eat, check the fridge or the pantry. I'll be upstairs."

The three of you watched as Hoseok disappeared up the stairs.

"Okay, now that the human is gone, what do you think of Jimin?" Christopher asked, catching both you and Yoongi by surprise.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I mean as owner. Yoongi told me about how they're your temporary owners for just a month until you make a decision. What do you think of him so far, since he wants to adopt you in your name."

"Why did the human- I mean, Hosek need to be gone if you were just going to talk about this?" Yoongi asked.

"I'm going to ask you a lot of questions, (y/n). Please answer them as truthfully as you can, okay?" Christopher said, completely ignoring Yoongi, who frowned.

"Hm, sure."

"Alright, first question. Do you see yourself allowing Jimin to adopt you before the one month is over?"