𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 21:'𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚'🌼

Athanasia's POV

What's going on here?.I was now seated Infront of Claude with table filled with sweets and desserts.

"I didn't know you couldn't speak".I hiccup a bit scared since he talked from the long silence."Well this is boring".he puts his elbow on the top of the couch and use his fist to lean his cheeks on it sighing.

So what?Your gonna kill me because I'm not entertaining?Not much of a talker?!Waa!.

"Athy can talk".I said hesitating and sweating but I managed to fake a trembling small smile.

"Finally I get to hear your voice.".He boredly said."Why did you stay silent until now?".

What a Grumpy bastard!

"Pardon me Your Majesty but little girls around the age of the Princess are known to be very shy".Mister whispered on Claude but of course I heard it!

"Is that so?".Claude said.

Yeah you jerk!Kids can be a bit shy!Even a grown up would fall silent Infront of you!!So can't he just let me go?!.I screamed in my mind as I still act cute smiling on the outside."heheh."

"Felix".

"Yes your majesty?".

"Leave us".Claude ordered as Mister bowed down and glance at me before closing the door behind him.D-Dont go Mister!

"Athy is it? Must be a pet name".He sighed and leaned his head upwards closing his eyes,the sunlight reflecting his face,."Athanasia what a name."

Ah.I know where this is going..

"Do you know the meaning of that name?".

Ah this is bad.I clench my hand on my dress and just played innocent grinning at him,tilting my head to the side.

My name,the name of the king."Athanasia".

"To dare give her own child such a name,and a girl at that."He said with a sharp tone."She would have had her limbs cut off is she survived the labor".

Of course.Something that even Claude,the Emperor couldn't receive.Obelian emperors are granted names that means 'Eternity' or 'immortality',the names are given only to the official first heir to the throne.Therefore Claude who was not the Empress son...Could take the throne by force,by killing his brother,be he would never be granted the name of an Emperor...So there is a good chance the Claude may feel frustrated by my name.

After that I trembled when he asked me to eat with those threatening eyes and told me about how Lily begged Claude for her to take care of me and even took charge of the ruby palace,Aww Lily I'm so moved!!

I still kept eating my cake with trembling hands when he asked the unexpected.

"As you sit there are you aware of who I am?"

My eyes widen and I dropped my fork and slowly looked at him with a shocked expression.i though it was odd on why he would be bring me here.This is a test to decide whether to let me live longer...

..Or to have me killed..

Maybe 9 years old Athanasia was also tested by Claude it was not just depicted in the book.W-what should I do?..

"F-father?..".I nervously blurted out.

Gahhhh of all the things I could have said!!what!!Now I have gone and done it!Let it be known that I'm digging my own grave!!

Hmm?His face is calm though,It was even sparkling from the spotlight,did I not had an epic fail?.Wait Claude liked Jeanette right?Then if I'm just drawing his attention then..