9; my feelings

Renaya's father ^

                        Renaya's father ^

                Song; sweater weather - the      neighborhood

                          9 |my feelings |

"How is everything going?"

It was a Thursday, the hours going by were slow and Renaya couldn't be more bored. She didn't have to work today so apparently she was supposed to lay back and chill but she was kind of sick of doing that.

She wanted to explore.

But first her father decided to stop by before she could decide to do anything on her own. She had to admit though, she always loved having him around. Just his presence made her lonely home a bit more comforting.

"Oh, everything is...fine I guess." Renaya smiles, her arms wrapped around her dad in a tight hug, pulling him in.

"Ugh," he groans playfully, "are you getting stronger or am I getting older?"

They pull away as Renaya laughs at his attempt at a joke, "I guess you're getting older dad, so why'd you swing by?"

"What? I can't check on my daughter now?" Her dad tilted his head, "Since you asked, I just came by because I wanted to see you."

Renaya watched as he looks around the house, somewhat paying attention to the details that she added for comfort. Compared to the first time he seen it, this time it looked more like a home; just comforting and.... Her.

He liked it.

"Well, what do you think?" She asked, curious on his opinion on her decorating. She cared more of what he thought, asking him knowing that he loved anything she does which gave her comfortability to ask.

Her father takes another look all around the room that they were in which was the living room as he nods.

"I love it, Renaya. Are you making sure to take care of these plants?" He casually asks as he walks up to her spider and aloe plants that were placed all in the same corner. His fingers carefully stroke the leaves as he eyes the detail of it.

Renaya smiles as she stand next to him, "Obviously, do you think I'm not responsible enough to take care of my plants? Do you really doubt me Lane?"

Her father, lane, quirks a eyebrow at her with a faux stern expression, "That's not my name, Naya. And of course I think you're responsible baby girl, I was just making conversation."

"Yes dad, I care for them everyday. And myself just in case you ask."

"And how's work going?"

Renaya sighs in content before giving him a large smile, "Work is great, dad. Lena- my boss, she is such a nice lady I'm honestly happy with where I'm at right now."