ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

"Nope." Charlotte shakes her head with a small laugh.

"I keep things from you, Stiles, because you don't need to know everything and tell Arlo after." Sheriff tells him.

"He's got a point." Charlotte nods, making Stiles let out a small scoff.

"I have to know everything and tell Arlo. How the hell are we supposed to take care of you if I don't?" Stiles asks in frustration.

"You're not supposed to take care of me! Neither of you do! I'm the dad and you're the son and you're the daughter. You guys get it?" Sheriff asks angrily, making Stiles let out a small groan.

Charlotte, however, looks at Sheriff with wide eyes.

"Dad. Son. Daughter." Sheriff gestures between the three, making Charlotte's lips twitch up into a happy smile.

"I take care of you two." Sheriff sighs in a much calmer tone of voice.

"We're supposed to take care of each other." Stiles mumbles, making Sheriff's face drop.

Charlotte just awkwardly slumps down in her seat.

"We're going to be alright, I promise." Sheriff nods, looking between Stiles and Charlotte.

"How do you know that?" Stiles asks, not seeing Charlotte slowly turn her head to the hospital room door, a knowing expression plastered onto her face.

"I don't, but the morphine's kicking in and... you know, I'm not worried about anything at all right now." Sheriff shakes his head with a small laugh, leaning back in his bed.

Charlotte lets out a snicker at this, putting her head in her hand and she turns to the Sheriff, watching his eyes flutter shut.

"But I am- why are you so happy?" Stiles asks, turning to a wide smiling Lynx next to him.

"He referred to me as his daughter." Charlotte replies.

"Don't you already call Peter 'dad?'" Stiles asks, furrowing his eyebrows a little.

"Yeah... but... he called me his daughter." Charlotte reminds him, still smiling happily, making Stiles smile at her in amusement.

"I still don't like you, by the way." Charlotte glares a little at her best friend.

"Oh, come on!" Stiles yells a little in frustration as he throws his hands in the air, not seeing Charlotte smiling behind his back.

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

Charlotte's eyes slowly open at the sound of her phone ringing next to her, the Lynx letting out a low huff before she picks up her phone, immediately answering the call when she sees the word 'Scrappy' written across her screen.

"Hey, Scrappy-doo." Charlotte smiles tiredly, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Woah-" Charlotte goes to yell as she falls off the hospital chair she was sleeping on, making the Lynx realise she was hanging off the chair upside down.

"Go fuck yourself, chair." She grumbles quietly, wincing as she sits herself up properly due to her aching muscles.

"Arlo? Are you-" Liam starts to ask, his voice breaking, making the Lynx instantly wake up properly.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt? Who's said what? I'll kill someone for you, just give me the word." Charlotte asks frantically.

"No murdering anyone, Arlo." Stiles mumbles from his chair, his eyes still shut tightly.

"Shut the fuck up, Condom Carrier." Charlotte flips her best friend off, smiling happily when she hears Liam let out a laugh from the other side of the phone.